• Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Propertyware Fees

Rio Tomlin
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Dec 16 2013, 09:41

After much research, we have decided to take our small real estate investment company (self-managed) into cloud-based property management software. Buildium is cheaper, but a little too basic for my liking. So we have decided on Propertyware.

I am a young, computer-savvy individual, who understands various software platforms and accounting principles. When speaking with PW's sales rep this morning, I was told to start is $199 for "implementation manager" and $199 for "training". I explained that they both won't be necessary. Rep budged on the implementation manager, and said with "my manager's approval" we could avoid it.

However, I was told training is mandatory. When asking about the training, I was told that this $199 item is a series of four 1-hour on-demand training videos. I find it odd that PW has over 50 hours of free training and webinars on their website for anyone to view, with or without a paid subscription. Why would I pay $199 for 4 hours of videos, that is covered in over 50 hours of free content?

My question is this: Has anybody gotten out of paying the implementation manager and training when signing up for Propertyware? This $398 value is not in our budget. I want to happily begin paying my monthly $75 subscription, plus fees for ePayment collection. I know many people have written about their sales staff and nickel-and-diming. I just want to know if it is indeed possible to avoid both implementation manager AND training. Thank you.

Loading replies...