Skip to content
Maryland Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Phillips
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Votes |
Any Good Property Managers in Baltimore, MD???

Lisa Phillips
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Posted Aug 20 2013, 06:27

Hello, I've been a part of this site for years, and I need some REI assistance. I am a little sick and tired of Baltimore, and I want to find a good property manager for my rental property there. My last PM made as much money as I did, and still couldnt keep a tenant in. If I can't find a good PM, I am going to sell the property, do a 1031 exchange, and purchase a new property in Richmond, VA. So, can anyone give me the name a GOOD property manager? Mind you, Im not stingy, but when you have so many fees - when you're doing your job and when you're not) that you make 2/3 of what I collect in a year, thats a problem. Mostly in baltimore, everyone wants a ton of money, even if they dont fill a vacancy, aren't responsive, etc. I tried to go to Angies' List, but the top rated Property Manager I just dumped, and the others immediately have negative reviews. Its forcing me to lower my standards. I tried to go through my RE agent, met a "Property Manager" then he had some other guy called me who was more expensive than my last baltimore PM. This new guy had a clause that if my house was vacant for 4 months, i have to pay HIM $750. I mean, getting paid even if they dont do their job.

Any leads before i just say I can't find a good, solid team up here and I sell????

You're help is greatly appreciated at this point.

Lisa

Loading replies...