• Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
FINALLY taking some action :)

Rob Pene
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Mar 11 2014, 22:40

March 1st, I actually indirectly committed to taking massive action on this investing thing.

I've procrastinated a lot, visited the BP site off and on, listened to a lot of the BP podcasts, got all motivated, but would fold under the pressure of life (work, business, family, school, etc)

I've learned a lot from BP, a host of other free podcasts and youtube videos (Sean Terry, Cris Chico, Cody Sperber, etc) and a live event in Anaheim, CA with Ginger Macias (on March 1st).

It's already 11 days since the live event and here's where I stand in my progress:

- found 2 realtors to partner with in locating properties on the MLS

- got my website up (almost complete) and i WILL RANK for all the major keywords so i'll be pulling leads like crazy

- started my buyers list and have a good 6, I can text if I have questions on a potential property that might fit their buying criteria

- made around 10 calls to for sale by owner ads on craigslist (to get over the fear of not knowing what to say)

- connected online the live event group and made some live calls with a couple of them listening, then evaluating the call with feedback after each call

- got my phone number and voicemail set up

- ordered and sent out my first mail piece to a targeted list

- have compiled a Vacant and Ugly House list of 55 addresses by driving around my neighborhood when running errands for the family :) lol

- informally put together a team of 5 bird dogs who have all sent me vacant properties they came across

- putting together my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th list to mail to this month (I've mailing to high equity non-owner occupied properties in cities close to me) and because I've got my postcard designed already, all I need to do is pull the list, upload it, and bam it goes out :)

- I'm going to (1) record a video of how I pull the list (2) how I clean up the export (3) upload the export to the mailing site (click2mail) and upload the postcard jpeg (4) so I can make this task a duty for my VA

- I've also ordered a set of Sticky Notes to give to my bird dogs so they can simply stick and go (I'll be able to stick and go as well when I see something)

- started working with another wholesaler/investor on co-wholesaling and doing deals together...we've analyzed 1 deal together unfortunately the owner (who went directly to him) wasn't super motivated and was a savvy homeowner himself

I think that's it so far :)

I know these are great strides and things to be proud of BUT my focus is on getting those first 3 deals THIS MONTH...I'm grateful to the small wins and can't wait to see it all come together to a big victory!!!!

BP is awesome!

Loading replies...