Votes |
do i talk to my neighbor?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • boston, NH
Posted Apr 20 2014, 21:43

Think you can help me out quickly?

Here’s the situation…

I live in a middle class neighborhood. One of my neighbors died, the husband moved away and sold the house. Some guy bought the house and is flipping it.

There is a house across the street from me, single mother with one child in high school. I have known her most of my life but I don’t really talk to her. The single mothers house is in pretty bad condition. She doesn’t do any yard work, everything is falling apart.. basically a good house to flip ( as long as there isn’t too much repair costs. That isn’t the problem though, YET)

Anyways,

I saw the guy that is flipping the house, walk by the single mothers place and make a phone call. I think he is interested in trying to flip this house too.

I have thought that both of these houses could potentially be good flips before I knew anything about real estate. This single mother across the street from me hasn’t mentioned anything about moving. BUT should I mention it? She may be interested in moving.

Do you think it would be disrespectful if I asked her if she was trying to sell her house? How would I go about doing it? I would need to find comp values, so I would need an REA to help me out.

how would you go about this? I need advice. I don’t want to come off as a dick to my neighbor but I don’t want this guy getting another steal.

i am taking a 3 day seminar class with Rich Dad Poor Dad which is at the end of the week. i may lose the deal before that. i may have the opportunity now. what should i do.

i have read many books on real estate, so im not going in blind

Loading replies...