• Real Estate Investor
  • Montreal, Quebec
Votes |
Hello, Montreal newbie here.

Ziad Maalouf
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Montreal, Quebec
Posted May 30 2014, 09:08

Hello investors, I'm a prospective real estate investor based in Montreal. I'm really glad I found this website as I am looking for a mentor and future partners.

How I got here:

I'm a 24 year old Lebanese immigrant with great ambitions. I have studied Finance and Marketing for a while but decided to drop out of university to pursue something bigger. Seeing my father being forced to retire after being a Deputy General Manager at a bank for 30 years like he hasn't done anything there was a true shock to me. Ever since, I decided to take the unconventional path in life, which turned out to be very hard. I have read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which gave me a strategic idea on what I wanted to do to get where I wanted to be. Initially, I learned entrepreneurship but due to my father's situation and my lack of credibility, I needed to raise capital somehow. I decided I was going to pursue a dream of mine and study trading stocks. I learned technical analysis and because of capital restrictions, again, I ended up trading foreign exchange; which I was good at. However, After some time, trading currencies seemed very redundant and boring. After acquiring my knowledge in technical analysis, I realized all I was doing is speculating on bar movements in a chart. I didn't want to do that for the rest of my life; so I needed a change to challenge myself. Initially, my plan was to trade currencies, raise money to trade stocks, build a business and invest my money in real estate. However, my goal is now the complete opposite, I want to raise capital through real estate wholesaling, acquire income properties, invest that money in stocks or businesses. Here I am today, pursuing a very interesting and challenging career where the goal is to make everyone a winner. I will make a seller happy, myself happy and a future buyer happy. Much better than speculating on bars moving up or down!

I am very driven, intelligent and am looking for a mentor that would help me burst my first deal bubble. After all, real estate investing is not a single person's game, it's a team effort, and I like working with other people.

I have a lot of questions that need to be answered, and in turn, what I can do is provide myself and my undivided attention, which will result in future deals!

So hello again investors! Who's ready to invest in me?

Loading replies...