Votes |
The Angry Seller and The Motivated Wholesaler

Terry Evans
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jul 22 2014, 15:17

Hello all!!

Boy, do I have a story to share.

As we all know, the primary job of a Wholesaler is to drive for dollars and knock on as many MOTIVATED sellers doors as possible.

So I was heading to my daily first of ten home visits for MOTIVATED SELLERS. This home is in one of the up scale neighborhoods in Houston, located in the Heights, I typically visit 50 + different homes in all kinds of neighborhoods from the down and dirty to the million + , this one just so happen to be in nice neighborhood, one would expect nice folks right?

WRONG.

As soon as the owner answered the door, I gave the whole " Hi my name is Terry, I would like to speak with you about purchasing your property" and handed a card........ very humbly but confident, as to not put anyone off.

Immediately I get a F OFF and a door closed in my face.

This has happened before and will more than likely happen again.

Now normally I would walk away and cross that one off my list, do not visit, do not mail, however, I opened my mouth and some words were exchanged.

Next thing I know the home owners wife has grabbed me by the shirt and starts shaking me!!!!!!! We continue to exchange words and things were getting heated, so I decided it's probably best to start heading to the car.

Lol, anyway, 4 hours later I get a call from the local PD that I am being issued a verbal warning to not come back to the property. Welllllllllllllllll life goes on right?

I refused to be deterred by anyone or anythingy, Persistence and Consistency.

So the last one I visited that day was a lovely lady whom is the POA for her family's property. and WOW, does she ever want to sell! She was very happy to see me and hear what I have to offer. She is past due on her taxes to the tune of about $200,000 and going to be foreclosed on next month.

I am meeting the homeowner again tomorrow morning to get the 3 lots under contract for $215,000...HOPEFULLY....... and current market value is $349,000 which I will start marketing to builders as soon as the sales contract is executed.

My current primary goal is to do an assignment of contract, however, there is such a spread to be had on this deal, I am going to present my offer to a private hard money lender for receiving transactional funding so I can close on the property myself and sell it the builder, scratch be assignment fee..... Time for a big boy paycheck.

I am really hoping this goes smoothly, it could be a major pay off to fund the start of my re-habbing.

I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks for reading!!!

Loading replies...