• Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
Why are most Wholesellers not local?

Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Posted Sep 2 2014, 08:33

I'm in Los Angeles and I keep trying to find local dependable pro- wholesellers. 

I have several ads on craigslist and classified ads websites.  I also met a couple local ones at meetup investor groups, but most have not been serious.  Some even on BP.'

A lot of them end up just being the types that find their deals on the MLS (which technically are not their deals) then simply forward them to you. When I ask them how they sourced their deal, they generally will say "I work with a lot of local agents and am a great negotiator. I use my network to find great deals bla bla" These generally are not great deals.
Or they simply start forwarding me deals that are already listed on the MLS.  These are usually retail priced or just slightly below, and have little profit.   A lot of them don't know what true rehab costs and they generally will say "You just need to put in about $10-20k in remodeling"

Where do you find the professional wholesellers that are sourcing their own deals, or their networked deals that actually have a decent margin of profit!?!

A lot of the ones who responded to my craigslist ad are not even local to California and don't have their own deals.  

Are these people going to these get rich quick seminars and becoming wholesellers before knowing anything about the trade?  

Loading replies...