Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Andrew S.
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Wholesalers: please follow up on your leads!

Andrew S.
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Oct 3 2014, 13:25

Over the past 6 months, I have responded to probably 6 solicitations from area wholesalers (mostly yellow letters), and I have not received one single follow-up call!  I don;t understand this: the wholesaler spends his/her hard-earned money to send out postcards/letters to mailing lists and then, if they get a positive response, they don't follow up!  What gives?

Example a few weeks ago: got a "customized' postcard saying something like "Dear Andrew, we noticed you recently bought a property on 3455 Main Street - we have access to many properties just like this one, all over town.  Call us or visit our website".  So I call (recorded message) and leave a message saying I'm interested in hearing more.  I also go to the website (no info - just an e-mail capturing page).  I leave my e-mail saying I'm interested.  What happens?  NOTHING!

So, I don't understand what the business model is here, but I'm getting tired of wasting MY time, trying to respond to THEIR solicitation.  What am I missing?  This seems to be the rule, rather than the exception.

Loading replies...