• Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
How To Buy & Sell 1,000 Properties At A Time

Wendell De Guzman
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Oct 13 2014, 18:33

This morning an opportunity fell on my lap (well...to be exact, the opportunity was emailed to me). It's an opportunity to buy and sell over 1,000 REOs that are NOT on the MLS. This opportunity came from a credible source - I've bought and sold a LOT of properties with this SOURCE so I know this bulk REO list is legitimate. My source is direct with the decision maker at the bank. And the nice thing about this list is that I can CHERRY PICK it - meaning I don't have to buy all the properties. I can choose the properties I want and buy only those properties.

Here's the screenshot of one side of the spreadsheet as proof:

I like to check with the BP community for any suggestions, ideas or inputs on how I can do this. Here are some ideas: (please vote which idea is best or if you have another idea, let me know)

1. Work with wholesalers in those states and have them help me sell these properties one at a time. My worry about this is that these wholesalers could market the list all over the internet and once the bank gets wind of this, the deal is dead.

2. Work with BULK REO buyers. The downside is: I won't get as much spread per property but since we're talking about over 1,000 properties, I can put $1,000 upcharge on each property and I could rake in a cool $1 MILLION. Another downside though: I don't have any bulk REO buyer lined up specially for a list this BIG.

3. Contact REHABBERS and LANDLORDS and sell the properties one property at a time. If I do this, selling the properties will take a lot of time and could take too long before my property source pulls the list away.

4. Raise the money needed to take down the list and then I can do #s 1, 2, 3 above and even rehab-n-flip or rehab-n-rent the best properties on the list. I don't have enough capital to take down or buy the entire list so I will have to take the time to raise the capital to do so. Another downside is that the bank has not decided on what price to ask for some properties in the list.

5. FOCUS only on areas I have the resources and team and buy the properties there. This limits me to Lee & Collier counties in Florida and properties in the Chicago area. The downside: I miss out making money on 900+ properties!

I've already implemented idea #5. I will do that anyway. BUT, which of the above ideas make sense if you were in my shoes? Or are there other smarter ways to do this?

Loading replies...