Andrew Carter
  • Cedar Rapids, IA
Votes |
[TUTORIAL] How to print Yellow Letters on the CHEAP! *With Pics*

Andrew Carter
  • Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Oct 26 2014, 13:23

Hey All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Recently I read a post about a guy (who shares the same name as me) paid to have a website print and mail his Yellow Letters... from YellowLetters.com. After viewing the site, I was quoted over $60 to mail 20 yellow letters. I found this to be ridiculous, so I'm going to show EVERYONE how to do it for very cheap and include pictures along the way! Sorry, YellowLetters.com, I'm about to put you out of business. ;)

First things first - the yellow paper. I found the following for 94 cents at Walmart. All I needed to do to it is rip it apart and throw it in the printer.

To start, you want to break the black seal at the top and remove it from the front and the back.

After this is done, remove the black seal, leaving you with pages stapled to together. Next we will remove the staples with a trusty pair of pliers. This is the part that I took my frustration out from my 9 to 5 job.

Here is what we are left with. Beautiful separated yellow pages. :) 

The only issue I ran into were pages stuck together, so I pulled them apart and now we are ready to go.

First thing you'll need to do before printing is download an awesome font. I chose the following one because it is easy to read and looks a bit hand written.
http://www.1001fonts.com/blzee-font.html
Just download it, double click the TTF file and click install. Next we will open Microsoft Word and do a bit of quick formatting.

Margins:

These are the exact margins to use for this paper. If you're using a different brand of paper, this will be different. Same goes for the spacing.
I use the following script for the yellow letters. Paste this into the word document:
Dear [OWNER NAME],

My name is Andrew and I want to buy your property at
[PROPERTY ADDRESS].
If you are interested in selling please
call me at 555-555-5555.
I work with a group of investors that can act quickly with
no long drawn out process. I will buy your property
in As-Is condition.

Please call anytime.

Respectfully
Andrew Carter
555-555-5555

P.S. I’m wanting to buy soon, please call.

Change the font to blzee, change the size to 14, and bold it.

Next we will deal with spacing. Select all text and right click on it. Go to the Paragraph settings. This is what your screen should look like:

Last thing to do is to load up the printer. Put the part with the staple holes out so they aren't being fed into the printer first (or your printer will jam).
The end result is this:

Last step is to set up Mail Merge, so you can feed client information in and print customized letters. Here is a link from Microsoft on how to Mail Merge:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-mail-merge-to-create-and-print-letters-and-other-documents-f488ed5b-b849-4c11-9cff-932c49474705

I hope this helps everyone who is working on a shoestring budget. You can also print on envelopes with the same font. :)

Andrew

Loading replies...