• Real Estate Investor
  • Aberdeen, NC
Votes |
Wholesalers

Nicole Starnes
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Aberdeen, NC
Posted Dec 16 2014, 23:31

I am a new wholesaler... Well, have been learning for a while but I'm in the first stages of taking action. I come to biggerpockets to learn. Unfortunately I've come across a lot of discussions that have smart behind comments bashing wholesalers. I read a lot of questions where it wouldn't take too much effort to just answer the question. Instead, what's posted is a smart behind remark from some REI who thinks he's/she's above the rest.

Ok, there's a lot of misinformation out there... The gurus have made this seem easy... Lots of people are in it for the wrong reasons... Not everyone is doing things properly. I get that... But instead of bashing wholesalers, can the experienced REI who actually flip properties offer some well meaning advice instead of saying that a newbie has no business wholesaling? No, I don't know how to properly estimate rehab costs... So... when I ask, if you're going to comment, TEACH ME... don't bash me for trying to get into something I love. My goal is to provide those which are truely deals in order to get started. If a wholesaler is doing something wrong, there's a good chance that they're unaware of it. I'm pretty sure no one wakes up in the morning and says "ok so today, I'm going to present the crappiest deal possible and try to get away with it". REI are too busy bashing and "not even looking"... Why don't you say something like "hey, I think your rehab estimate is way off... Here's why... And this is what you should do next time"... If you take the time out to share information (isn't that why we're here?) , that wholesaler that you're telling everyone not to work with could end up being an amazing wholesaler with the right knowledge of what they're doing wrong and how to get it right.

All the "wholesaler's have no business in this business " posts out there make a newbie want to run for the hills. It's literally disheartening to know that I'm being looked down upon before I even get started. What's the point in putting in all the hard work and finding great deals and learning how to estimate rehab costs when all I hear is that I don't belong in REI as a wholesaler? Learning everything is challenging enough, (an endeavor I'm willing to go through because I truely do love the investing side of real estate). A little bit of encouragement for those whom are greatly misinformed or just starting out would be awesome.

Loading replies...