• Wholesaler
  • Kent, WA
Votes |
Wholesale Process (Newbie Question)

Michael Hartman
  • Wholesaler
  • Kent, WA
Posted Dec 26 2014, 00:08

Hi BP!  This is my first post on the site.  I'm very new to real estate investing and am really having a hard time understanding the process from start to finish on a wholesale deal so I thought why not just post it here.  

So... We'll start from the beginning...

I find a deal, talk to the seller and we agree on a price.  I write up a Purchase and Sale agreement.  The agreement has 'and/or assigns' and I inform the seller that I am a wholesaler and that I send the deal to investors I work with who then buy the contract from me.  (At this point I need to give the seller an earnest money deposit correct? Do I give them cash or a check or do I put this with a title company I don't really know.)  

Next I send the deal out to my buyers list and/or market the property to potential investors.  Once I find a buyer I do an assignment contract with them and then send both the PS and assignment contracts to a title company...( I've noticed that finding a title company/real estate attorney that does double closings or even works with wholesalers/investors can be difficult.  Instead couldn't I just assign the contract to the buyer for a fee using an attorney? (i.e. I find the buyer, they're interested in the property... They then write me a check for let's say $5,000 as an example, the PS contract goes to them and they deal with the seller and title company to close the deal?)

Once the above portion is done, the title company does all the paperwork the deal is closed, I thank the buyer, seller and title company and move on to the next one?  How far off am I on the process and can anyone help guide me to fully understand?

Thanks BP! Look forward to the discussion!!!

Michael

Loading replies...