• Miami, FL
Votes |
Frustrated RE Investor in South Florida - new to BiggerPockets

Carlos Diaz
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Miami, FL
Posted Feb 26 2015, 16:22

Hello!

I am so happy I found this website! I have been involved with real estate for the last two years, but I decided to start a real estate investing business over the last five months or so. I have set some solid goals and expectations for myself and everything has been going as planned. Two weeks ago I had, what I thought were, two excellent deals under contract. They were two homes that each needed light rehab in a great neighborhood, and the sellers were both very motivated. One of the sellers was moving to Minnesota and could not afford to keep the house, and the other homeowner had a medical emergency and needed to sell. I secured both deals under contract and everything was going well but I could not find any buyers! I think the price point was fine each contract price was about 30% of ARV. Worst part is I think the deals were vultured from me and someone else acquired them and is getting all the benefits!

Does anyone know have any recommendations or suggestions on how I can build a buyers list? Where should I go? Who should I talk to? 

Also, does anyone know any closing agents/ RE attorneys in South Florida that handle double closings, or simultaneous closings?

Finally, I am new to this bigger pockets website and I am not sure how this all works. I am looking to build my network.

Thanks,

Loading replies...