Votes
Derrick Strope
  • Lynnwood, WA
Votes |
First call from my mailing campaign

Derrick Strope
  • Lynnwood, WA
Posted Mar 3 2015, 17:59

I have been prepping the last few months looking to really build a decent foundation in this game but also not trying to over-analyze things.  I made a commitment to act and last Friday I sent out 300 mailers to a neighborhood here in North Seattle, focusing totally on absentee owners with 100% equity.

This morning, I received my first call (hangup) but after an hour or two returned the call just to see if it really was a live person that had received one of my mailers.  I always really thought I would be anxious and a little uncomfortable on the phone but it went so incredibly smooth on my end.  I actually feel like this part is something I could really excel at.

The guy is a landlord who is getting close to retirement and kind of kicking the tires.  He had no idea what it was worth and didn't attempt to venture a guess, so I shared that based on my research - comparable homes are going for about 210-230 in the area when in great condition.  As a cash buyer, I said recent sales data would suggest that an offer of 170-180 is about where I would be, of course having not seen the property that could go up or down based on the condition.

It was a good chat and he definitely was not offended by my offer, he said he was going to talk it over with his wife and would get back to me if they were interested.

I know, this isn't profound but it's a milestone for me anyways :)

I will follow up with him next week!

Loading replies...