Votes
Jeff Hollins
  • Powder Springs, GA
Votes |
First Property Under Contract!!!!

Jeff Hollins
  • Powder Springs, GA
Posted Apr 1 2015, 14:11

So about a month and a half ago I decided to stop thinking. I just decided to finally start investing in real estate. I posted here on bp and connected with a few other investors in the Atlanta area. One of whom decided to be my mentor and teacher after we met in person.  Well I had already did my research and had decided that I wanted to start out wholesaling because my funds were limited.  I had read all about the absentee owner lists and yellow letters, I figured this is where I would start.  Well after talking it over with my mentor he advised me to try probates.  I had no clue what probates were. Well he met with me at our local courthouse and he showed me how to get these probate listings.  I got 10 probates the next day and mailed them out immediately. I added my own personal touch by adding a sympathy card with my signature.  Well the very first letter I mailed I got a call back maybe 2 days later. We went and looked at the house and made an offer on it the same day.  After about a week we got the property under contract this past Saturday.  Now we just have to find a buyer. My mentor has a buyer list and we attended a couple rei meetings just today. The property is located in Hiram,GA if anyone in the area might be interested.  Thanks to my mentor and now my friend @Mike Watkins for being there and really giving me some great advise. I'm now obsessed with re investing and ill be mailing probates out every week. Also I will be doing an absentee owner dm here in the next few weeks. I need a buyer list and I'm also happy to help someone if I can just as Mike helped me.. I'll keep you guys posted on when we sell and close on the property.

Loading replies...