• Real Estate Investor
  • Washington , Washington D.C.
Votes |
Can a Tax Lien Judgement Be Wholesaled?

Ezinwanne Hawkins
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Washington , Washington D.C.
Posted Apr 23 2015, 12:24

I was very active on BP a couple of years ago, but I allowed life to get in the way. I'm back for good now!

I've been approached by an out-state REI company with interest in dozens of Maryland properties, many of which they've obtained through the tax lien auction/foreclosure process. I'm assisting them with wholesaling some of these properties, but they've recently approached me with the opportunity to "purchase" a tax lien foreclosure judgement they've recently received for one of their properties. I would then be responsible for paying all of the outstanding fees to Baltimore City necessary to obtain the deed to the property.

I've run the numbers, and it looks like this could be a good deal.

My question is....is it possible to "wholesale" this judgement to another buyer? If so, what type of contract would I use to set this up? What is the process for registering a new judgement holder with the court?

I've researched these issues extensively, but I couldn't find any similar scenarios....I figured BP would be the place to get some answers :) TIA!

I've researched these issues extensively, and could find any similar scenarios....I figured BP would be the place to get some answers :) TIA!

Loading replies...