Krishna D.
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
Canadian in the US for a few months starting wholesaling

Krishna D.
  • Toronto, Ontario
Posted May 27 2015, 15:54

Hello,

I am a Canadian Resident (from Montreal) and filed for a sole proprietorship in Canada.

I am staying in the US (in Philadelphia) for a few months and just learned about wholesaling. From my research, wholesaling is not big in Montreal. It seems that it is because of the laws in Quebec/Canada.

I want to hit the ground running. I picked wholesaling because it seems from my research there is little to no risk and the capital to start is pretty low ($10 to $1000 if not in the hundreds). I am wondering how come i have never heard of this before. I have always wanted to be invest in real estate but it seemed to me to risky and needed a lot of capital.

1- My first question: is it preferable to wholesale in the US under my own name or under my sole proprietorship (which i think just comes down to the same)?

2- My second question: From what i understand, my first step would be to make a list of buyers. I am thinking of hitting Craigslist but would you have any more ideas/ or previous post on how to find buyers?

3- My third question: How long did he take you on average to close your first wholesaling deal as a beginner? I know that the answer to this question will greatly vary with each person but if you can give a bit of a background information that will help (did you work part time/full time, how much real estate knowledge you had and such)

Thank you very much for your help.

I am very excited to be part of this community.:)

Loading replies...