Pro Member
  • Waterbury, CT
Votes |
Newbie to the game

Evaristo Urbaez
Pro Member
  • Waterbury, CT
Posted Jul 3 2015, 17:47

I know the topic that I'm inquiring about has probably been addressed and/or beaten with a dead horse but I'm really not trying to allow my fear of the unknown to stop me from jumping in and taking action like I did 10 years ago when the passion for real estate investing took hold of my soul but I feel that there are a few things I need to set up before starting my direct mail campaign. i.e. having certain team members in place such as a closing attorney and an investor-friendly agent for valuation of deals. I'm currently half way through the process of getting my real estate license and I guess my question to anyone willing to impart any wisdom or past experiences is whether or not I should hold off until I complete my class and get licensed to start my campaigning. I have a decent amount of start up capital for my marketing but I just want to make sure that I efficiently maximize each and every dollar so that I can build and maintain sustainability with my marketing. Not to mention being able to capitalize when deals begin to surface. 

In the interim I've been consuming every BP podcast, I read the UBG, and I just started The Book on Flipping Houses. I've invested in a UPS suite box and I'm in the process of getting my llc started as well. I'm not planning on trying to learn everything before pulling the trigger but I also don't want to set myself up for failure right out the gate not having these things in place. I've attended my first REIA meeting in hopes to network and meet local wholesalers willing to help me with my team building but haven't came across anyone as of yet willing to even share their contacts. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Loading replies...