BiggerPockets

ARE BANDIT SIGNS A MUST?

Forum Powered By:

15 posts by 11 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Troy Michaels

Real Estate Investor from Atlanta, Georgia

Oct 07 '09, 01:07 AM

Can you wholesale without bandit signs and be successful?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:58

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Oct 07 '09, 03:21 AM
3 votes

Of course IMHO bandit signs are overrated anyway.

Direct mail marketing with online marketing is the shiznet a lot better than bandit signs.

Troy Michaels

Oct 07 '09, 03:35 AM

Originally posted by Mr_Investor:
Of course IMHO bandit signs are overrated anyway.

Direct mail marketing with online marketing is the shiznet a lot better than bandit signs.

describe a good direct mail marketing campaign. what are good ways to advertise your website to investors?

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Oct 07 '09, 04:09 AM

Double post

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:58 by James Hiddle

Jeff Logue

Real Estate Investor from Select a State

Oct 09 '09, 02:04 AM

Although you can be successful without using bandit signs, why would you not want to put them to use? They are one of the cheapest and easiest ways to market for homes, and you can advertise to a large group of people. If you don't like hanging them up, pay someone $2 a sign to do it for you.

Leads may not always be the most targeted, but it is another method to put to use on top of other campaigns. You should implement multiple strategies at once. I agree with Mr. Investor though. Direct mail is your best bet for the most qualified leads.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:59

James Ward

Real Estate Investor from Ocala, Florida

Oct 09 '09, 07:30 AM
2 votes

I wholesale preforeclosure properties. I am successful. I have never used a bandit sign.

I also agree with James. But it all depends on the way you market your business.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:00

Troy Michaels

Oct 09 '09, 12:12 PM
1 vote

the reason is i dont want the legal hassle that comes with it. code enforcement, etc.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:00

Troy Michaels

Oct 16 '09, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by Jeff Logue:
Although you can be successful without using bandit signs, why would you not want to put them to use? They are one of the cheapest and easiest ways to market for homes, and you can advertise to a large group of people. If you don't like hanging them up, pay someone $2 a sign to do it for you.

Leads may not always be the most targeted, but it is another method to put to use on top of other campaigns. You should implement multiple strategies at once. I agree with Mr. Investor though. Direct mail is your best bet for the most qualified leads.

explain a direct mail marketing campaign, how you would find leads.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:06

Greg P.

Oct 16 '09, 11:47 PM

Bandits signs make you stronger mentally because you are doing something that helps you get out of your comfort zone. Bandit signs buyer/seller also help attract buyer/seller, but is it needed? Not at all. Once you have your system in place, everything will happen naturally. Direct mail, auctions, ads, etc works better from my experience.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:06

Khary Reynolds

Developer from Baltimore, Maryland

Jun 16 '10, 05:41 AM

I would say that you would have to test for yourself. I know people who have had great success with bandit signs. I have not had much success with bandit signs. I am a direct mail marketer myself.

As far as direct mail campaigns are concerned, you could purchase a list or non-owner occupied properties, or pre-foreclosure leads and send them a letter or postcard letting them know that you are interested in purchasing their property.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 13:15

Tom Bukacek

Real Estate Investor from Austin, Texas

Jun 16 '10, 06:01 AM
1 vote

Troy- a good DM campaign comprises 2 things: 1- good targeted leads and 2- dm process that will get a good response rate.

Preforeclosures are easy to find- you can get a 30,60,90 day late lead list. You can also get a free and clear or 15+ year mortgage list. This is good for straight wholesaling.

Handwritten yellow letters are the best way to utilize DM. People will open letters that are the size of invitations or birthday cards. That's the name of the game.

Hope this helped!

Edited Jun 26 2010, 13:15

Delondon Dear

Real Estate Investor from 30906, Georgia

Jul 04 '10, 03:17 AM

I am sure that you can make it wholesaling houses w/o bandit signs. I mean bandit signs are only one way of marketing.

But boy do I love them so. lol

Dale Osborn

Mobile Home Investor from Spanaway, Washington

Jul 04 '10, 03:23 AM

Word of mouth advertising has seemed to work very well for what we do so have never had a need to try supporting the post office with direct mail or using bandit signage. Find a few people to tell and let them poass to a few who pass to a few, etc. Soon you have warm buyers calling you. What you can't use immediately, you add to your buyer's lis and find something to work for them. Call them up and let them have first choice on a property that works for them!

Altin Velaj

Note Investor from garwood, New Jersey

Sep 28 '10, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by Tom Bukacek:
Troy- a good DM campaign comprises 2 things: 1- good targeted leads and 2- dm process that will get a good response rate.

Preforeclosures are easy to find- you can get a 30,60,90 day late lead list. You can also get a free and clear or 15+ year mortgage list. This is good for straight wholesaling.

Handwritten yellow letters are the best way to utilize DM. People will open letters that are the size of invitations or birthday cards. That's the name of the game.

Hope this helped!

where do you find pree foreclosure leads

Deborah Mettler

Real Estate Investor from St. Petersburg, Florida

Sep 29 '10, 08:42 AM

I no longer use bandit signs..too much of a hassel.

You can put a magnetic sign on your car, or vinyl letters on your auto's windows

Business cards, give them out to everyone you meet..word of mouth goes a long way.

Craigs list, your $1.00 weekly newspaper

You can advertise on Ebay that you wholesale houses with a classified ad..doesn't cost much. Lot's of serious investors on ebay.

Attend and introduce yourself at your local reia club to network with other investors.

Join online real estate forums.

Just some food for thought..

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums