• Winston Salem
Votes |
A car smashed into our rental property!

Christine Glasner
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Winston Salem
Posted Apr 10 2014, 09:48

Okay, so I get home yesterday and there is a message on my phone from my stepdaughter. "Christine, you might want to check out Facebook. There is a picture on there with a car crashed through the front of a house and it look likes dad's brown house." I checked my husband's phone and low and behold, there is a text from our tenant that some guy crashed his truck into the house.

So I wake up my husband (he works nights) and he rushes over there. The county inspector has condemned the house due to structural damage. The Salvation Army is putting up our tenants in a hotel until the end of the week. Thanks god the bottom of the house was only used for storage and the tenats rented the apartment upstairs. They are ok, the driver is ok, his dog got hurt.

I called my insurance company and was told to get the police report and put in a claim on the driver's auto insurance. That's on today's list of things to do as well as inventory everything that got damaged, several antiques were being stored there.

We have taken some pictures and will take more tomorrow. Cracks go all he way up to the roof and to the other 2 corners of the building We have it boarded up now. We are wondering how this will work from here. Does anyone have any experience with such a situaion?

Loading replies...