Votes
Todd Farmer
  • Columbus, GA
Votes |
Hail damage claim

Todd Farmer
  • Columbus, GA
Posted Mar 12 2015, 17:42

Thanks in advance for any answers given.

Today’s date: 3-12-15

State: Georgia

Company: Farm Bureau

Loss date 3-18-13

No work done yet on roof

(claim details below)

My questions are: 

Is there a deadline for getting the recoverable depreciation?

Is there a deadline for getting an increase to the adjusters estimate?

To get either do I need to have the work started before the 2 year deadline?

To get either do I need to have the work completed by the 2 year deadline?

Should the agent be able to find / give me all the details on the claim?

If they drag their feet getting back to me how can I keep the claim active? Do I need to keep it active?

Should I continue using Farm Bureau for property insurance?

More details if needed:

First off I am dealing with GA Farm Bureau. I had hail damage on 3-18-13 and filed a claim around 3-25-13, got a check for $4305 dated 4-4-15 and cashed it. I never had the work done bc the estimates I received were too high ($10,000 plus).I have let this slip by/procrastinated/failed to follow thru/ been stupid however you would describe it.

Today I asked for and received a report from the main office.The claim value is 7,500 with not much more details other than it was for hail damage.

I understand about recoverable depreciation so I would expect to get more than the $4305 but not sure how much.Today my agent could not or would not give me the summary report of what they agreed to pay for but I think it will not cover the cost minus the $1000 deductible.He said I had to talk to the adjuster.I feel he is just feeding me BS hoping I would not follow thru like I have done to this point.The 2 year anniversary of the loss is March 18 2015.

The agent said the adjuster’s company phone just died and the Adjuster wasn’t giving his personal phone # out and it would be a week until he received a replacement phone.But that the Adjuster would call me.I called the adjuster’s company number and left a message. (Make your own judgment on that statement)

Thanks Again

Loading replies...