• Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Votes |
WE ARE ON THE NEWS?!

Mitch Coluzzi
  • Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Posted Jan 13 2015, 20:36

I do not often start threads or self-promote but a new thing happened to me today...

My project was in the newspaper today followed by an on-site interview and 2+ minutes on the local 4:00 news!  Keep in mind, I am not much of a public speaker, and it was frigid outside but below are the links to check it out!

Recently, we purchased a soon-to-be bulldozed nursing home which had been abandoned for 10+ years with the intention to turn it into a unique apartment building.

This particular property has almost 24,000 sq ft under roof and offers a 6,000 sq foot enclosed courtyard.  Soon (by August) it will be home to 24: 2 to 4 bedroom apartments, ample off-street parking, and a lot of happy families.  All projections show this will cash-flow well (we happen to be the construction company, real estate brokerage, property manager and sole investor for this project) and best of all, it will help the immediate community, which is primarily single family homes, regain their footing!  With a bit of community support and a whole bunch of elbow grease, we'll turn this project into a catalyst for change!

When we get further along I will post some more photos and details of the project... in the meantime, check out a few of my original snapshots and the news links!

Des Moines Register

Channel 14 News

Loading replies...