Crap, What To Post! How About… “Building A Web Based Real Estate Investor Lead Generation System – Week #1?”

by Ryan Hartman on January 25, 2010 · 8 comments

real estate investor lead generation system

Uh oh. It’s Monday again and I’m scrambling (again) to come up with a topic for my weekly post. Man, I shouldn’t have this problem. After all, I’m the guy who’s always telling real estate agents to figure out some regular piece of templated content to put on their sites – something that’ll only take a few minutes to plug and play out…

Something like: “MyCity Real Estate Market Update Of The Week”, Or “Bank Owned Property Video Of The Week”, or “Local Restaurant of the…”, you see my point. The idea is to block out content creation as a regularly scheduled appointment that’s easy and hopefully fun to execute.

Well, here at BP, I haven’t been following my own advice on this one, and up till this minute, trying to come up with something to post has been admittedly stressful. Ideas aren’t the problem. Time. Time’s the biatch.

Solving the Content Creation Time Dilemma

So, I just spent about 30 seconds listing out some ideas for some piece of content I can contribute here at BP for the forseeable future that will flow from me noggin without much effort, will be of some interest to the readership, (and might end up helping me do my own deal or 2..)

What I’ve come up with is this –

Building My Own Real Estate Investor Lead Generation System

For the next few months or so, from week to week, I’m slowly and steadily going to build a Real Estate Investor niche focused system for myself and my local marketplace. And here at BP I’ll chronicle what’s taking place, being sure to include all the gory technical details via How-to screencasts and screenshots.

This will be my first stab at building and personally executing a system like this, and I’m going to give it a solid go without using my real estate license or my own $$$$, so I’m hopeful all the savvy commenters will help point to what I might be doing wrong from a fundamental investing perspective?

Sound cool?

Assuming everyone’s game, I’ll be back with Week 1′s Topic

“Choosing, Purchasing, and Hosting Up A ReTechulously Effective Domain Name”

Joshua Dorkin January 25, 2010 at 2:40 pm

This will be fun to watch! I’m hoping for it to be a rip-roaring success instead of a train wreck — I’m certain that will be the case.

Nick January 25, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Coming up with ideas to blog about isn’t that hard. There’s a contributor(or 2) who apparently has this problem(I won’t say a him or her) but now that you’ve created a source of content for at least a few weeks(your project) you’ll be just fine.

Look forward to it, maybe next post you can go more into detail about what it will be because I don’t really know what you’re talking about when you say ‘system’

RJ Baxter January 25, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I’m not sure what you mean exactly either, but this is intriguing. If by “system” you mean how you are going to bring in prospects, biggerpockets seems to be a great launching point. Have you considered activerain? This is another great real estate networking site.

Ryan Hartman January 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm

RJ –Actually not looking for agent clients but thanks for the suggestion. Was referring to a system for generating real estate investment deals.

Nick/RJ – Will elaborate more on the “system” concept a little more next week. Basically I’m going to put something together a series of components that come together to comprise a lead generation system that yields inbound deals from motivated sellers….

David Sanders January 25, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Ryan, great idea. A topic appealing to most investors and just enough info to keep em coming back for more. Looking forward to the weeks ahead.

Neil Uttamsingh January 25, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Ryan,

I liked your humor that came thorough with this article.
I have only been blogging hardcore myself for a short period of time. I am always worried that I will not have a topic to write about, but to my surprise I always do.
So far, I have made the following observations:

I let my day unfold, and I pay particular attention to all of the things that occur throughout my day. Once something noteworthy occurs during my day, I like it directly to real estate investment (as this relates to my topic of conversation).

I guess at this point this is easier said then done. Hopefully, I will still have the creative juices flowing when my blog is 1 year old or more.

Hope you enjoyed my rant.

Best Regards,
Neil

Jeff Brown January 26, 2010 at 11:31 am

Ryan — My money’s on you. It’s only a matter of gettin’ it up and running.

matt mathews February 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Sounds cool to me Ryan! Your stuff is great even though I sometimes have to get out my Techulous dictionary!! The ‘KISS” method works for me!! Looking forward to it.