BiggerPockets Grows its Team

by Joshua Dorkin on November 29, 2012 · 41 comments

I’m excited to announce that BiggerPockets is growing its team to include a new hire, Brandon Turner. Brandon will be serving as our Senior Editor and Community Director, and will be responsible for not only managing our blog, and online community, but will also be playing a key role in much of our social outreach.

Brandon (Twitter) has been a real estate investor for the last half-decade (he has been our Sunday blogger for the past several months) and is an accomplished blogger and communicator that has produced some incredible content. Furthermore, he is talented, creative, and insightful, and will make a great addition to the team.

Please welcome Brandon to the family.

Brandon Laughridge November 29, 2012 at 11:56 am

Nice! Congratulations to both of you. This is a coup for BP. Brandon is among my favorite writers on this blog and his personal blog is one of the best resources out there. I’m excited to know that we will get to see even more from him! He has a killer name too…so good work there. :)

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks Brandon (yes… great name!) I appreciate that a ton! I’m excited to be able to devote even more energy to the real estate investing world through BP! Keep in touch :)

Dale Osborn November 29, 2012 at 11:58 am

Welcome aboard Brandon!! I Always look forward to your commentaries.

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Thanks Dale, and likewise! I enjoy your forum posts and comments! I may need to borrow you and your thoughts from the forums and get you over here on the blog too! :)

Jeff Brown November 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Welcome!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Thank you Jeff! Looking forward to it!

Nick Johnson November 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Congrats, Brandon!

Your personal blog was the first one I started following after finding BiggerPockets. Keep us posted on how the new Full Time Job will play into your day-to-day!

Nick

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Will do, Nick. It’s going to be an adjustment – but I’m excited because I know this adjustment will actually give me more ability to pursue some bigger deals!

Josh Stevens November 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Congrats!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Thank you Josh!

Greg November 29, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Greetings!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Thanks Greg!

Al Williamson November 29, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Wow that P90X is really paying off for Mr. Turner! Nice move Josh. BT is one of the most entertaining blogger on the BP site. I think you made an excellent hire.

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Haha thanks Al! I’m still rockin’ it (almost) every day! Got my butt kicked by Plyometrics yesterday :)

Kyle Zaylor November 29, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Congrats Brandon! Keep up the excellent work with BP!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Thank you Kyle! This is going to be fun and I’m super glad to see the direction BP is moving!

Sabrina Laplante November 29, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Very happy for him and for Bigger Pockets!!! What a great addition!!! Looking forward to this!!!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Thank you Sabrina! I’m excited as well – this will allow me to spend a lot more time making cool stuff! :)

Bobby November 29, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Good hire Josh, congrats Brandon!!!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Thanks Bobby!

Jon K November 29, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Community manager, that’s like property manager, right? Just think of us as your 100,000+ tenants, some of us requiring more management than others!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Ha Jon! I think I’m going to have nightmares now! But as long as no one calls to clean a toilet – I’m okay!

Jon K November 30, 2012 at 4:51 am

Ha, for some reason my family thinks unclogging a toilet is job only I have the expertise to do. Fortunately there is none of that on BP.

Joshua Dorkin November 30, 2012 at 8:03 am

Hey Jon – Jump on a site called Gravatar.com and upload a pic to connect with your email addy. That way, when you comment here on the BP Blog or on any other Wordpress blog, your image will show up with it. There’s my tip of the day!

Arthur November 30, 2012 at 9:24 am

Awesome news buddy!! I think you will be a great addition to the team. Maybe now Josh can come up for air every once and a while, or even take a vacation – lol! Congrats again!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner November 30, 2012 at 9:51 am

Thanks Arthur! I can see it now – Josh sitting on the beach in Aruba, drinking a purple drink… laptop in hand. :)

Joshua Dorkin November 30, 2012 at 11:33 am

That’s how I see it too . . . but on a wind-surf board.

Joshua Dorkin November 30, 2012 at 11:32 am

What’s a vacation?

Geoff November 30, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Congratulations on the new position Brandon

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner December 1, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Thanks Geoff!

Derek Johnson December 1, 2012 at 12:14 am

Congratulations guys, I just joined a week or so ago and immediately gravitated towards Brandon’s blogs— being in my twenties and interested in RE investing— and bought a book from his reccomendations list (Cash flow & other key formulas). Hoping to get guidance here at BP and buy my first rental within a couple years.

Joshua Dorkin December 1, 2012 at 7:26 am

Thanks Derek. Welcome to BiggerPockets! Definitely jump in and get active over on the forums when you can.

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner December 1, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Hey Derek – Thank you! BiggerPockets is actually how I learned a ton about real estate investing at the beginning. It’s like a 3-D book. And like Josh said – the forums are great. Ask anything!

Melisa December 1, 2012 at 8:46 am

Congratulations Brandon look forward to reading more of your blogs.

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner December 1, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Melisa! Look for one tomorrow!

Shane Keller December 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Congratulations, Brandon! As many others here have stated, your blog and posts on BP are among my favorites!

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner December 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Thank you Shane! That means a lot! I’m glad I get to spend a lot more time writing cool stuff :)

Wayne December 3, 2012 at 12:09 am

Congratulations Brandon
Your a plus to BiggerPockets and your readers. Please keep helpful article s comming

Brandon Turner Brandon Turner December 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Thanks Wayne – will do!

Jon Russell December 3, 2012 at 11:06 am

Congratulations Brandon and Bigger Pockets!! This is great news for all of us.

Joshua Dorkin December 3, 2012 at 11:16 am

Agreed, Jon! Thanks for the comment.