How to Use Postlets to Create Awesome Flyers to Showcase Your Property [Video]

by Sharon Vornholt on April 16, 2013 · 12 comments

Postlets

Real estate investors are always looking for time saving tools to use in their business, and if they are FREE then that’s even better. Creating flyers for properties whether they are for sale or for rent can be a time consuming task if you are doing it from scratch.

Some of you may already know about Postlets, but for those of you that don’t you are going to love this service. I have been using Postlets for several years now to create professional looking flyers for my business, and I can tell you that anyone can create a flier in just a matter of minutes. It is drop dead simple!

To show you just how easy it is to use, I have made a quick video for you.

What Exactly Is Postlets?

Postlets is a free real estate marketing tool for landlords, real estate investors, Realtors and FISBO’s. This service can be used to create listings for properties that are for sale or for rent. You can upload up to 25 photos for each property. Once your photos are uploaded, a slideshow will automatically be created to showcase your property. With Postlets you also have the ability to upload video and embed it into your flier.

The Magic Is In the Syndication of Your Postlet

Once you have your Postlet created, the real beauty of this service is that is syndicates your property listing out to almost a dozen different sites. It can also be easily distributed to social media websites and Craigslist.

Here are some of the sites your Postlet will be syndicated to:

• Zillow/ Yahoo
  • Craigslist
  • Hot Pads
  • Oodle
  • Truilla
  • Enormo
  • Back Page
  • DotHomes
  • Vast
  • ByOwnerMLS
  • Frontdoor and others.

Other Great Features

• If your property has ever been listed, it will pull a lot of the necessary information directly from Zillow when you are creating your Postlet.
  • You can add your company Logo and a personal photo for branding purposes. This feature is especially appealing to Realtors.
  • You have the ability to add your Google analytics number for tracking purposes.
  • You will be notified when your listing is about to expire so you can choose to renew it or it can be deleted.
  • This company makes everything so easy.

Set Up A Free Postlets Account to Get Started

You can set up your free account at http://postlets.com. Once you have your account set up, be sure to take some time to look around. Create a Postlet just for fun if you don’t actually have a property to sell or rent at this time. They have also enhanced their services for rentals so if you are a landlord, you will want to be sure to check that section out.

Let me know how you like this awesome free tool for your business.

Mark Ferguson April 16, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Thank you! I will Check it out today.

Sharon Vornholt April 16, 2013 at 5:12 pm

It’s a great free tool Mark. You should definitely give it a try. The flyers look awesome!

Sharon

Glenn Schworm April 17, 2013 at 11:05 am

4 years and well over 100 houses and I have never heard of this! We will check into it, thanks Sharon.

Sharon Vornholt April 17, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Glenn -

You are going to love it. Postlets are beautiful flyers that take minutes to create. You will definitely get traffic from the fact that the ad will go out to so many sites. They are great for retailing houses, and I use them for wholesaling too. There are some folks that call every time that say they were searching on Zillow for a property and found mine. Let me know how you like it.

Sharon

Shaun April 19, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Hey Sharon,
I LOVE Postlets!
You are right at how great they look and it is easy to create one and the syndication is awesome. I’ve gotten plenty of inquiries from websites I have never otherwise advertised on.
One thing is it doesn’t automatically go to Craigslist, but they do give you code to just paste in and your flyer will be your ad. Much faster and easier then making a regular Craigslist ad.

Sharon Vornholt April 20, 2013 at 8:53 am

Shaun -

That code they give you for Craig’s list makes a huge difference in your response rate too. When someone clicks on your link and that great looking marketing piece opens up it really makes your property stand out from the rest since most are just plain text.

I love Screencast-o-matic too. You should give it a whirl. If you don’t have the $300 version of Camtasia, it’s a great little program. It allows you to record your screen for up to 15 minutes. It’s a great little program for making short tutorials. Thanks for reading.

Sharon

Shaun April 20, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Thank you for the recommendation, I have not heard of that program.

Another nice thing using this with Craigslist is that in my expereince if you do one with a postlet it is so different than a regular ad that if you want to post in shorter intervals than they like by also doing a traditional one you don’t get flagged for it.
I usually just change the title slightly and add all the normal info to the ad you don’t have to if you paste in the postlet.

Keeps you higher on the results page and you hit both the people that like the professional looking flyer and the people that want to deal with a “real” person and not some rich fat cat that can afford to make these fancy ads and hire webmasters to manipulate Craigslist. :)

Sharon Vornholt April 21, 2013 at 11:27 am

Great to know Shaun. Craig’s list can be tricky.

Sharon

Mike April 22, 2013 at 5:38 am

Wow, Sharon – great tool. We’ve never used or even heard of postlets, thanks so much for sharing! Mike

Sharon Vornholt April 22, 2013 at 9:05 am

You are going to love it Mike.

Sharon

Bert Spangenthal July 18, 2013 at 6:39 am

Your video was very helpful. I have a seller who wants to be able to view their listing via a smart phone app. I was using Tour Factory however all the pictures were not obtainable. I hope by taking it off Tour Factory and putting it on Postlets it will solve my problem.
Thank you.
Bert

Sharon Vornholt July 18, 2013 at 8:30 am

Let me know how that works Bert. I haven’t tried that.

Sharon