On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast we have an incredible chat with financial planner, real estate investor, and an all-around great guy – Jason Hull.
Jason has a great story of how his early mistakes led to his conservative but effective strategy of building wealth through rental property… all without the use of leverage, loans, or doing any labor. Jason has some terrific insight into the way our human behavior causes us to act and invest, - so don’t miss this entertaining and informative show that will have you looking at your real estate in a whole new light.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- Getting over-extended with his first deals and facing the housing collapse
- The “Oh Crap” backup plan
- The only two ways to make money in real estate
- Separating your skills from what the market is doing
- Getting “lucky” in real estate
- Getting to “P.I.R.E.” = Passive Income, Retire Early
- Why Jason doesn’t use leverage (mortgages)
- How to find an awesome property manager
- Working with a Financial Planner
- Stocks vs. Real Estate… Where is the balance?
- Why you should open a Roth IRA with $100
Links from the Show
- Jason’s Post – How NOT to Invest in Real Estate… A Case Study
- BP Podcast 052: Buying Apartment Complexes, Raising Millions, and Building a Profitable Business with Ken McElroy
- Facebook Post about “How Would You Spend $100?”
- The Two Most Painful Words a Landlord May Ever Hear…
- BP Podcast 050: Getting Started and No Money Down House Flipping with Mike Simmons
Books Mentioned in the Show
- 123 Home Depot
- Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey
- The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- The Four Hour Chef by Timothy Ferriss
Invest for the cash flow. The appreciation is just gravy. (Tweet This!)
I want to be lazy when I retire! (Tweet This!)
Having money problems with your spouse is a sign of bad communication. (Tweet This!)
Connect with Jason
Jason’s Website: HullFinancialPlanning.com