The sand between your toes, the soft roar of the waves crashing on the beach, the beautiful people sunbathing on the shore. If this is your vision of a vacation rental… it’s about to change!
In today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we chat with vacation rental expert Matt Landau about getting started as a vacation rental investor and building a scalable (and profitable) business around leasing rental properties to nightly guests in great vacation areas. Matt shares a ton of great tips, tricks, and skills to help you learn more about this fascinating – and largely misunderstood – niche of the real estate space.
Additionally, Matt shares some really great tips for any landlord to decrease vacancy rates and increase profits in your real estate business, so no matter what kind of investing you currently engage in, this episode is bound to help your business improve!
So grab a beach chair, make yourself a piña colada, and sit back and relax… it’s time to take a vacation!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- What is a vacation rental – and why should you consider one?
- The legalities of vacation rentals
- Screening for the tenants who won’t destroy your property
- Marketing for great tenants
- The first steps in buying a vacation rental property
- Expenses when dealing with a vacation property
- Using Adwords to fill vacancies
- The secret to getting national press for your properties
- And a lot more!
Books Mentioned in the Show
- The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets.com/biz - Using BiggerPockets to Grow Your Business
- Vacation Rental Automatic Door Lock (via Amazon)
- Pat Flynn and the “Be Everywhere” Philosophy.
- Pancho- The Sea Lion Turns THIEF?!
We’re at the beginning of a very massive trend: vacation rentals. (Tweet This!)
Be generous in having faith in people. (Tweet This!)
Create a bulletproof reputation of being the industry expert. (Tweet This!)