Managing tenants can be a real pain.
However, on this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with a full time property manager to talk about the business of managing tenants – and discover ways to make it easier and more profitable for YOU.
Today Phil Dwyer from the Las Vegas area shares with us his story of becoming a real estate appraiser and transitioning to a successful property manager. In addition, we also discuss the best strategies for finding and managing the best property managers.
If you have any rental properties – or ever plan to – this is a “don’t miss” episode!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- Dealing with FHA buyers
- Where to buy – appreciating areas vs. declining areas
- Finding a great property manager
- Why Phil chose Vegas to build his business
- Getting started by working a job in real estate
- The most difficult part of investment property management?
- How to know if you are getting ripped off from your management company.
- The #1 best way to know how your tenant will act for you
- “What Would You Do” questions for Phil
- Red flags for tenants
- Dealing with pets in a rental
- Single family vs. Multifamily Investments
- What property management software Phil uses
- And so much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Show 61 on YouTube
- BP Podcast 007: Making Appraisals Work For You with Ryan Lundquist
- FHA Home Inspection Checklist
- Property Manager Interview Checklist
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Landlording on Autopilot by Mike Butler
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder