Working a full time job while investing in real estate is not always easy – but as our guest today shows us: it’s totally possible. On today’s show we chat with Josh Sterling, a real estate investor who has built up a portfolio of fifty units (complete with rehabs and doing his own management) all while working a full time job.
Discover the tricks, tactics, and systems that Josh has used, as well as an inside look at his creative finance methods to acquire these properties. This show is definitely one that people will want to come back to time and time again!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- Why doing things “the typical way” may not have been the right path
- Investing when the bank says “no.”
- How Josh used credit cards to buy his first few properties
- Portfolio lenders: the best technique for finding one
- Using a blanket loan to buy and sell real estate
- Using the 2% rule to screen for great properties
- How Josh managed his real estate business while having a full time job
- How Josh finds deals
- Using Homepath Mortgages for 10% down investment loans
- How Josh found his first apartment complex using Facebook!
- Dealing with tenants while working a full time job
- And so much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets.com/pro (New Video!)
- BP Podcast 048: Duplex Investing, Finding Great Properties, and Tips for Managing Tenants with Darren Sager
- BP Podcast 055: The Five Steps Needed to Get Any Lender to Say “Yes” with Jimmy Moncrief
- The 2% Rule
- BP Podcast 061: How to Succeed in Multifamily Investing – A Unique Conversation with Josh, Brandon, and Ben
- BP Podcast 063: Automating Your Investing, Long Distance Rehabs and Spec Building with J Scott
- Jason Hartman Podcast
- Buildium Property Management Software
“If you can stand out, do extra work – you are going to get incredible results.” (Tweet This!)
“Buy and Hold real estate is the best way to build wealth.” (Tweet This!)
“I’m much more of a ‘ready fire aim’ kind of guy.” (Tweet This!)
“Be proactive, not reactive, when looking for contractors.” (Tweet This!)
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder
Connect with Josh!
- Josh Sterling’s BiggerPockets Profile