by Seth Williams on May 9, 2014 · 16 comments

Post image for House Won’t Sell? Here Are 19 Unique Remodeling Ideas GUARANTEED to Get Your House Noticed

Ever had a house that just wouldn’t sell?

We all know how insanely frustrating it can be when buyers pass you by, one after another, without even giving your property a second glance.

When you’re trying to sell anything – sometimes it’s less a matter of being practical, and more a matter of being different. Anyone can buy a normal, vanilla, run-of-the-mill house – but how many homes have you seen that bring their own personality, uniqueness and character to the table?

Related: How to Sell Your House: 100 Tips to Sell Faster and For More Money

Sometimes it’s easier said than done (we don’t all have an endless supply of cash to pull off a killer remodel), but as you’ll see below…  while some remodeling ideas are insanely ambitious – others can certainly be done without breaking the bank – especially when they’re done in the right context. The real key is to see the opportunity for tasteful and innovative uniqueness in the first place.

I challenge you to implement any of these remodeling ideas without getting noticed!

Ceiling Hammock

84045816

Hidden Staircase Storage

84036253

Hidden Sauna in Bathroom

hHVCsOa

Staircase/Slide

slide stairs

Hidden Bunk Beds

kBu05gdvia

Transparent Bathtub

(warning: not appropriate for all body types – please use discretion, I beg you)

transparent bathtub

Bookcase/Staircase

84036252

via

Luxury Fire Pit (Beach Edition)

84036256

mirror fence 3

Aquarium Bed

84045829

Stairs w/ Built-In Drawers

stair drawers

Susan Goldthorp May 9, 2014 at 10:16 am

Brilliant needed something like that to brighten up thr day!

Seth Williams May 11, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Thanks Susan! Glad you liked it!

Lisa Phillips May 9, 2014 at 10:36 am

Forget my rentals! That indoor/outdoor pool is going in my townhome! Another lovely article, Seth!

Seth Williams May 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Thanks for checking it out Lisa. I loved your most recent BP video as well, keep those coming!

Eric May 9, 2014 at 10:37 am

Lots of interesting ideas,. but I will stay with my tried and true, new paint and carpet.

Seth Williams May 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I understand Eric – some of these ideas are a lot to pull off at once. :)

Sharon Vornholt May 9, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I want the ceiling hammock Seth.

Great post Seth.

Sharon

Seth Williams May 11, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Me too Sharon – hammocks are the bomb! Thanks for the comment. :)

Jean Bolger May 9, 2014 at 3:24 pm

If you go with the ‘cat transit system’ then it would be wise to forego the ‘sandbox desk’. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Seth Williams May 11, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Lol – I’ll definitely keep that in mind Jean, thanks!

Travis Daggett May 9, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Wow!

Seth Williams May 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm

…../ )
…..’ /
—’ (_____
……… ((__)
….. _ ((___)
……. -’((__)
–.___((_)

Sharon Tzib May 10, 2014 at 7:16 am

Note to self: Stairs have tons of potential!! Always love your posts, Seth!

Seth Williams May 11, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Thanks Sharon – I really want those for my house too (apparently I should have planned those into my renovations long ago). :)

Harry Griffen May 12, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I think the hidden bookshelf that leads to a doomsday room that will protect you and your family from disasters can be a great selling point vs other homes in the area. It can be used for storage, or possible hangout room away from everyone else. Great post!

nazisha May 14, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Wow!!!! Awesome ideas for save the space in house and how to use the space in house….All ideas are really very best….I really liked that ideas.Awesome idea of Stairs w/ Built-In Drawers….It will be save the space and the wastage material save in separate side…Thanks for your information…