BP Podcast 071: Finding Great Deals and Getting Started as a Wholesaler with Phillip Vincent

by Brandon Turner on May 22, 2014 · 12 comments

Wholesaling

On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we have Phillip Vincent, an acquisition specialist who hails from the St. Louis, Missouri area.  Phillip is part of a large real estate investment firm, handling all the ins and outs of getting properties under contract. This week’s podcast goes into great detail on how to interact with distressed homeowners, how to generate leads from the high-end price points  and walks you through the best way to handle Probate leads.

Additionally, Phillip is particularly knowledgeable in wholesaling and shares excellent insight on exactly what you need to do to get started in real estate, ethically. This is an action-packed show, so let’s get into it!

Listen to The Show on iTunes

Click here to listen on iTunes.

Listen to the Podcast Here

In This Show, We Cover:BiggerPockets Podcast _ Real Estate Investing and Wealth Building 9.42.11 AM

• Powerful and unique lead generation
  • The benefits of having a real estate team
  • How to flip a $1,000 house
  • How to actually purchase in high-end markets
  • How Phillip lost $200,000 on a spec build
  • Time Capsule Homes and why they make great investments
  • Using SEO and PPC to get deals
  • A snapshot of the life of  an Acquisition Specialist
  • Why marketing doesn’t really cost you any money…
  • How to leverage wholesalers and newbies for lead generation
  • The importance of being ethical when wholesaling
  • How to network effectively
  • And a whole lot more!

Links Mentioned

Books Mentioned in the Show

Tweetable Topics

“In real estate, don’t buy weird.” (Tweet This!)

“Find people in your market that have too many leads and simply go help them with those leads.” (Tweet This!)

Connect with Phillip

Russell May 22, 2014 at 9:51 am

Another great podcast fellas, this company is CRUSHING it. How about we get the owner on next and pick his brain on his marketing.

Phillip, talk about taking massive action. You’ve got a great story, thanks for sharing.

As for my two cents I think if someone hustled around to get me a buyer at my price I would probably just say thank you. I mean I would NEVER sign a contract with a wholesaler BEFORE he had a buyer.

Thanks for these podcasts, they are a terrific resource.

Cal C May 22, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Thanks for the awesome podcast.

What is SEO and PPC?

Andrew K May 22, 2014 at 3:18 pm

@Cal C

SEO > search engine optimization (how to get your website to the top of a google search)

PPC > pay per click (paying for advertising space on google)

Lawrence May 23, 2014 at 5:40 am

Another great podcast. It’s like taking a free real estate class each week. But Phillip didn’t hear Brandon’s great question. “How do you know how much equity is in a house?” Is there a county website I could visit?

Shelli May 24, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I was wanting to hear the answer on that one also. :)

Walter May 23, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Great show, guys! Very good discussion!

Sherell Washington May 25, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Love it!

Michael O'Dea May 26, 2014 at 7:13 am

Great podcast that opened up more than a few ideas for me. I found the line about “dealing with the most responsible child” to be a very valuable insight. Do you have any ideas on how to go about doing seller financing with estate sales or is it too difficult/complicated trying
to get family members on the same page.
Thanks

CJ Love May 26, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Another Great Podcast!

Really enjoyed this one as well. I too work for a growing company who buys, sells, rehabs, and wholesales properties. We are located in the DFW area. I had a couple questions for Philip. First I was wondering do you work any other jobs other than for the Real Estate company you work for now? Also do you do any marketing for yourself or does your company do all of the marketing, and you pick and choose your leads?

I found this Podcast very motivational. I’m fairly young 22 and been working in this field for 2 years now. I’m looking to learn as much as possible, improve my closing percentages, and exploring multiple exit strategies.

Josh Vasquez July 7, 2014 at 10:10 am

Just listened to the podcast. Awesome info, looking forward to listening to more.

Gary Parker September 7, 2014 at 9:42 am

In my opinion this was one of the best pod casts for beginners. There are lots of nuggets of gold buried in these words, and yes some of them are harder to dig out than others, but they are there.

ABubaker Sirur September 10, 2014 at 11:01 am

Hi Guys,

Love the show. I’m new to the real estate investing and looking forward to it. I’m learning a tremendous amount on Bigger Pockets especially listening to your podcast.

Quick question, why is it frowned upon to drive a luxurious car in the real estate business? Thank you!

Kindest Regards,