Make Your Contractors Accountable Without Having To Be There In Person

by Lisa Phillips on May 26, 2014 · 7 comments

Post image for Make Your Contractors Accountable Without Having To Be There In Person

Hello!

When you’re working full time and can’t be on site every day during a renovation,  one quick tip is to insist upon is having your contractor take photos of all the work performed!

The majority of contractors have smart phones with photo taking capabilities, and many are more than happy to comply with the request. There is an art to requesting it to ensure that they will comply with your wishes and I would love to share them with you today!

Related: The Investor’s Guide to Working with Contractors

Lisa Phillips

Vania May 26, 2014 at 9:06 am

Hi Lisa!

Very useful tip. Thank you for sharing.

Lisa Phillips May 26, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Thank you! Its something that is *sort of* obvious, but I find is truly helpful.

Alex Craig May 26, 2014 at 9:15 am

This is excellent advice. My maintenance crews know to get paid they must supply before and after pictures.

Lisa Phillips May 26, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Great comment! I know I request, it doesnt ALWAYS get complied with, but I find myself becoming more and more insistent each project!

Tracy May 29, 2014 at 12:24 pm

This is a great idea!

Sara Cunningham June 5, 2014 at 5:24 am

Good idea Lisa. I am renovating my last purchase right now. I had no problem getting loads and loads of before pictures from my PM but haven’t got any of the after pics. This has reminded me to stay on top of them and bug them once again.

Lisa Phillips June 5, 2014 at 8:43 am

Hi Sara! I think you used the right word. I do sometimes feel like I am “bugging” them, rightly or wrongly…it just doesnt stop me :-)