BP Podcast 075: Mobile Home Investing and Getting Started With John Fedro

by Brandon Turner on June 19, 2014 · 8 comments

John Fedro Podcast

Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we are excited to welcome a guest who specializes in an aspect of real estate that no other guest has covered before!

John Fedro is a mobile homes investor out of the Austin Texas area who introduces us to all the incredible opportunities that one can experience in the mobile home arena. If you’re someone asking yourself, “What type of real estate investing should I do?” Than this show is for you! Throughout the show John gives incredible advice and insight that can be applied to any aspect of real estate. This is a perfect show for people looking to get started, regardless if you like mobile homes or not!

This is one of the most actionable shows we’ve had so without further adieu, let’s jump into it!

Listen to The Show on iTunes

Click here to listen on iTunes.

Listen to the Podcast Here

In This Show, We Cover:

BiggerPockets Podcast _ Real Estate Investing and Wealth Building 9.42.11 AM

• How to find deals no one else is looking for
  • The in’s and out’s of mobile home investing
  • What do you do when you look 15 yrs old and want to invest in real estate?
  • Why mistakes are ESSENTIAL to your success in real estate
  • John’s Creative finance on steroids!
  • The importance of adding value and caring about motivated sellers
  • Using Leverage to crush it when getting started
  • How to Forget what people say and take action!
  • How to screen incoming lead-calls
  • and much, much more!

Links Mentioned

Books Mentioned in the Show

Tweetable Topics

“We can’t tell where lighting is going to strike but we can have several lighting rods in different locations.” (Tweet This!)

“When starting out in real estate investing aim for the path of least resistance. ” (Tweet This!)

Connect with John

Robert Glass June 19, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Awesome podcast John! I’m a South Carolinian and live in the Charleston area now, so I see a lot of mobile homes in my local market. Really liked your approach and tips you gave. I have two follow up questions for you. How are you dealing with Dodd-Frank when selling mobile homes for payments? Do you have an attorney that helps you with drawing up your contracts?

Craig June 19, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Great show , as usual! I’ve been wondering for quite awhile now. And the mobile home cast really brought something to mind. How does an owner/landlord protect himself from fire and or other injury on the property?

Jack June 20, 2014 at 11:15 am

Thank you John for sharing. I have a couple questions for you. First question, because you are holding the title to the property, do you make the monthly lot rent payment to the park? If or when the lot payment increases, do you have a place in your contract, with the mobile home owner, to raise the payments to cover lot price increases?

Coach Kip June 21, 2014 at 8:39 am

Thanks for a great podcast. I have heard of buying mobile home parks before and getting income off of the land ownership but I had never heard of that approach. I had no idea that mobile homes could be had for so cheep. I will keep this in my pocket and if the situation is right I might just pull the trigger.

Lisa Phillips June 23, 2014 at 8:03 am

John!
Amazing interview, you REALLY upped my skillset for this market, I am sure I will eventually target because the cash flow is so great!

Lisa

Yusuf June 24, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Loved this blog. I have been looking at investing in mobile homes for a while now. I live in Arizona and there appears to an opportunity for this type of real estate. The information that John Fredo brought to the table was awesome. Learnt a lot, and this looks like a promising aspect of investing thanks to the podcast. Great Job guys and thanks for consistently bringing us awesome podcasts

Mark Sissel June 25, 2014 at 7:09 am

Very cool podcast! Lots of valuable information. Will definitely be looking into mobile homes. Super job!!!

Michael Dorovich June 30, 2014 at 12:26 pm

‘Everyone wants to have power, and most people have none.’

Brilliant psychological insight Josh!