16 Real Estate Investors Having A Worse Day Than You

by Seth Williams on July 4, 2014 · 22 comments

16 Real Estate Investors Having A Worse Day Than You

We’ve all experienced some of the setbacks and low points that come with real estate investing. If you’re having a bad week – take heart! Here are 16 real estate investors having a worse day than you…

1. Yes, paint cans come with lids for a reason.

aa3

via

2. Note to Self: Attic floors are different than basement floors.

83959293

via

3. I hope this guy packed a parachute.

ladder

via

4. Next time you ask your 3 year old to take pictures of your property – don’t assume they know how a DSLR camera works.

parents13

via

5. Better start a new load of laundry.

83959292

via

6. So that’s why a good roof is important!

83706048

via

7. Try getting more of a running start next time.

83706053

via

8. The importance of resisting your appetite at the computer.

laptop

via

9. I guess those orange barrels actually DO matter.

83706060

via

10. You just have to be smarter than the tape measure.

incompetent

via

11. Yeah – good luck with that…

daily_picdump_1460_640_47

via

12. So that’s where those keys went!

29461-1402071337-29

via

13. The endless feud between the garbage man and your tenants…

11392-1402070913-26

via

14. One more reason not to do “home staging” without a professional.

mlm7l2aOJg1rl2t3co1_400

via

15. When lightning strikes – once.

740655408

via

16. Apparently, home appliances don’t always do as they’re told.

5cfc1eed-6009-4677-816b-0a2d657d93c2

Curtis July 4, 2014 at 5:12 am

Oh, man those were funny! The wheelbarrow clip made me laugh on every repetition. I had to move on to stop laughing. Thanks!

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Haha – awesome, glad you liked it Curtis. Thanks!

stephen July 4, 2014 at 5:16 am

I used to have an extremely talented guy working for me. That double ladder trick would have been a routine for him. He would work on re-pointing brickwork or re-soldering a copper flashing three stories up over concrete pavement just sitting out on the end of a 2 by 10 plank. He’d just have a helper sitting on the other end of the plank as a counter-balance. No climbing harness, no rope, nothing. He would have the helper throw tools and materials out for him to catch as he worked. After a while I just got used to it.

stephen
———–

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I guess I’d be fine with it too – as long as the guy was well insured. Everybody’s got a different technique that works for them I guess. :)

Adam Schneider July 4, 2014 at 6:37 am

Seth, #11 is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:38 pm

No problem Adam – thanks for reading!

Engelo July 4, 2014 at 7:25 am

Thanks funny Seth,

Thanks for sharing and happy 4th of July.

Sonia Spangenberg July 4, 2014 at 7:33 am

No matter how bad your day is going, there are at least 10 people having a worse day than you! You just have to remember to look for the learning experience to redeem the day, otherwise the bad day won! I ‘m too competitive to allow that. ; – )

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Absolutely – there is ALWAYS a lesson hidden somewhere in the misery of our mistakes. Thanks Sonia!

Rita Phillips July 4, 2014 at 8:35 am

omg….too funny (and frightening); thanks for the laugh!

James Pratt July 4, 2014 at 8:50 am

The worst part is, been there done that! Two different times with a tape measure fell and broke a rib. Over the years have broken a lot of bones due to a thing called gravity. Lesson learned- stay off roofs and ALL ladders. Tried of waking up in hospitals with my whole family standing there.

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Haha – well hey James, at least you’ve learned where your boundaries are. That’s something a lot of people can’t say for themselves. Thanks for sharing!

Toshia Booker July 4, 2014 at 9:24 am

Great! Just made me smile and chuckle. Thank you!

Jeff Brown July 4, 2014 at 11:03 am

As a young man in construction I was the wheelbarrow guy. ;)

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Don’t feel bad Jeff – I’ve done far worse (and hopefully nobody witnessed it)!

Karin DiMauro July 5, 2014 at 8:20 am

Love these! That is totally me with the tape measurer, and I have had the dishwasher go off like that as well. Thanks for the smile!

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I think most of us have had a few of those moments at some point in life – as long as we know how to laugh at ourselves, we can get through anything. Thanks Karin!

Debra B Albert PA July 6, 2014 at 6:17 am

I Love this post! It gave me chuckles~

Giovanni July 6, 2014 at 9:03 am

LOL awesome!

Seth Williams July 6, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Thanks Giovanni!

Eric Blanchard July 7, 2014 at 10:35 am

Lol, I hate wheelbarrows and ramps. When I was working at a ranch, the front wheel stuck on something at the bottom of the ramp. Of course I’d taken a running start, so I face-planted into the wheelbarrow. It was full, but not with dirt…

Ron Benoliel July 9, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I like the opening pix of the guy on the phone. Was he talking to you about the last Guru that sold him an investment series?