20 Cool New Inventions for the Modern Day Real Estate Investor

by Seth Williams on August 8, 2014 · 14 comments

20 Cool New Inventions for the Modern Day Real Estate Investor

Make no mistake about it – we live in an amazing new era that offers us easy access to some crazy new technology.

Some of the inventions in the world today are truly ground breaking and have the power to legitimately changes our lives. Other inventions and gadgets are moderately amusing, but give nothing more than novelty value. Nevertheless – ALL of the things I’m about to show you have been good enough to impress a lot of people and as such, I want to show you this small compilation of new technology that might just peak your interest.

Believe it or not, most of these are real products that you can buy right now. The list may surprise you – check it out!

Related: Six Essential Items Every Real Estate Investor Should Keep in the Car

Step into the age of digital security with these iPhone enabled door locks

Kevo

Automate your the lawn mowing at your rental properties with a Solar Powered Lawn Mower

solar-powered-automatic-lawn-mower

Stuck in the field without electricity? Power up your devices with this solar powered charger!

81C3S3YT8sL._SL1500_

Strangers knocking at your door? Check them out with this Digital Viewer

61WMWmvqS+L._SL1500_

Tired of carrying around a wad of credit cards in your pocket? Use an all-in-one credit card like this one!

Visiting one of those local haunted properties? Use an iPhone Ghost Detector

iphone-ghost-detector

Want to keep tabs on your vacant rental property? Use a dropcam to keep an eye on the situation

51eCKxlCM-L._SL1500_

Tired of knocking coffee all over your work space? Free up some desk space with this Cup Clip

6144ilr-+fL._SL1500_

Keep your core strong with this ridiculous-looking Ball/Chair

41NApfmRa7L

Give your feet a rest with this under-desk foot hammock

ixlngwnyabub1zoado2y

Or just take a nap at your desk with this Ostrich Pillow

84391C_1000x1000

Need a more durable keyboard for your office? Use one that can take a serious beating!

Waterproof-Keyboard

Keep your keyboard clean with this electronic cleaning putty

electronics-cleaning-putty

…or just get rid of your keyboard altogether and use this thing instead!

41eeyjBAIeL

Need to shoot some good videos and pictures of your property? Use a Quadcopter and get some amazing new perspectives!

gopro-quadrocopter-300x250

Scare off those would-be intruders with this Dummy Security Camera with a Blinking Light

41A8RBzTgXL

Staging a home? Increase your lifting power exponentially with these forearm lifting straps

forearm-lifting-straps-300x250

Tired of agonizing over the thermostat? Get a one that learns the preferences of you and/or your tenants

51rXl61AegL._SL1500_

Visiting some properties in a local War Zone neighborhood? Always come prepared with the ever-so-practical iPhone stun gun case

iphone-stun-gun-case-300x250

Visiting some properties in a Detroit War Zone neighborhood? Always come prepared with the ever-so-practical Hyundai Zombie Apocalypse Survival Vehicle

santa-fe-zsm_final-970x0

Joshua Dorkin August 8, 2014 at 9:06 am

Fun toys . . . love it!

Seth Williams August 9, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Let me know if you buy any of them Josh. I want them all (no surprise), but need to see some more evidence that they actually work!

Nick August 8, 2014 at 9:52 am

Great post. I’d like to use that quad copter thing. You could add some cool videos of your property to a website, videos I’m sure no one else would have. Plus, one might be able to get an idea of the state of the roof and chimney, maybe even some upper floor windows, without going up there.

Seth Williams August 9, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I agree Nick. If I every buy any of these things (other than the Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle), it’ll be the quadcopter – hands down.

Jeff Brown August 8, 2014 at 11:03 am

You gotta be a fun guy to know, Seth.

Seth Williams August 9, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Thanks Jeff – I’m sure you are too. We’ll have to have some virtual coffee sometime. :)

Brandon Turner August 8, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I have to say – those Forearm lifting straps are AMAZING. I have 2 sets and use them all the time! Now I just need to get the other 19 things on this list. Thanks for the great post!

Seth Williams August 9, 2014 at 2:04 pm

That’s awesome Brandon! Cool to hear a first-hand review from someone who has actually used those things… guess I’ll have to get a pair for myself now.

Richard August 9, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Don’t know I think the Zombie Apocalypse Survival Vehicle would be neat, at least a conversation starter lmao…..

Seth Williams August 13, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Hey – whatever works!

Chad August 10, 2014 at 1:33 pm

The problem with dropcam is that you need a wifi . Do you install a wifi just for it or do you have other way around it? !

Seth Williams August 13, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Hey Chad. Yeah – I thought about that too after the fact (those pesky details). I guess it’s not always going to be feasible for vacant houses per se… but who knows, if the stars ever align and you can tap into a neighbor’s wifi, it might just work!

Gualter Amarelo August 13, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I hate to admit it, but I work pretty heavily with credit cards when I’m doing a renovation. Having just one in my wallet would definitely free up some much needed space. Maybe I will finally be able to have business cards exactly when I need one!

Seth Williams August 21, 2014 at 9:42 am

That’s a beauty of a list like this – there’s something here for everybody! Thanks for sharing Gualter. :)