10 Incredible Real Estate Phenomenons You Probably Haven’t Seen Before!

by Seth Williams on August 22, 2014 · 14 comments

10 Incredible Real Estate Phenomenons You Probably Haven't Seen Before

There are a lot of crazy things going on in the world of real estate and most of these things go completely unnoticed by folks like you and me.

Related: A High-Level Overview (Literally) of 30 Unique Real Estate Markets Around the World

Maybe it’s because they aren’t “newsworthy”, or maybe they just don’t have any direct impact on our daily lives – but if you take a look at some of the CRAZY real estate phenomenons listed below, I think you’ll agree that there are a lot of remarkable things going on around us.

Check it out and let me know if you agree!

Kowloon Walled City, China / Most Densely Populated Place on Earth

576px-antilia2

Ponte City Tower, Johannesburg / Cylindrical Skyscraper

Ponte Tower 1

Ponte Tower 2

Engelo Rumora August 22, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Awesome post Seth,

Thanks and have a great day.

Seth Williams August 22, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Thanks Engelo! You too. :)

Mike McKinzie August 22, 2014 at 1:04 pm

What I wouldn’t give for that house in Iceland! Just “drone” me my groceries and I am GOOD TO GO!!

Seth Williams August 22, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Lol – no kidding. I’m with you Mike!

Ron Perich August 23, 2014 at 6:41 am

Cool stuff. That path-laying machine is awesome! And solar-ray death… too funny (and sorry to those folks whose problems I am laughing at).

Seth Williams August 23, 2014 at 11:02 am

I hear you Ron! Kind of hard to believe they didn’t realize there would be a problem until that building was built.

Karen Margrave August 23, 2014 at 10:02 am

Great pics! The house in Iceland looks so lonely! On a practical note, I love the brick laying machine!

Seth Williams August 23, 2014 at 11:03 am

Thanks Karen! Some days I honestly wouldn’t mind living on a secluded island like that (though I’m not sure about making it my primary residence). :)

Sharon Tzib August 24, 2014 at 8:13 am

I don’t see a picture of Manhattan in 1600. Love that brick laying machine. And I sure hope that walled city has proper sewage treatment or that could be awful!! Love your unique posts!

Joseph C. Cox August 24, 2014 at 5:22 pm

@Sharon: Manhattan in 1600 is on the left of the image, while 2014 is on the right.

Sharon Tzib August 24, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Hmmm, I don’t get it. Don’t see any demarcation. I’m a West Coaster tho, so maybe it would make more sense if I knew NY better :)

Eric Blanchard August 25, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Lol, it must be a west coaster thing like you say. I had to look at it for quite a while too before it made sense.

Mary B August 24, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Seth,

We need to see some interior photos of the world’s most expensive house because the outside just isn’t cutting it. Thanks.;-)

Gordon Barbay August 25, 2014 at 1:25 am

Great pictures, but I have to point out that the Kowloon Walled City no longer exists. It was torn down in the 1990’s. The site is now a park.