Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with Cory Binsfield, a multifamily rental property investor who comes from Duluth, MN.
If you ever feel like you don’t have enough time to invest in real estate, wait until you hear Cory’s story. He currently owns and manages 97 units himself while still working a full time job. Today he teaches us how he does it and also touches on a variety of topics related to getting started, house hacking, investing in a college town, and being a master of creative finance.
This show is packed full of valuable tips so make sure to grab a pen and paper for notes, and let’s get to it!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show We Cover…
- Starting out with an investment that makes your wife cry
- How to use a VA Loan
- CreativeFinance vs. Conventional Finance
- The ins and outs of investing in a college town
- The SWAT team that descended on Cory’s property
- Mistakes, mistakes and more mistakes!
- Why partnering may NOT be a good option after all
- How to personally manage over 97 units while working a full time job
- How to build a solid team that can put out the fires while you chill on a beach in Mexico
- Networking as a “lifestyle”
- Owning a frat house
- What to look for when buying a multifamily
- Why real estate is better than other retirement options
- The most helpful technological aid in Cory’s business
- And a whole lot more!
Links from the Show:
- Why I’m Not a Flipper-Don’t Kill the Goose! by Cory Binsfield
- How to “Hack” Your Housing and Get Paid to Live for Free by Brandon Turner
- The BiggerPockets Tour
Books Mentioned in the Show:
“Networking is a lifestyle.” (Tweet This!)
“There’s not a single path to success in real estate.” (Tweet This!)
“You don’t want a “good” life, you want a “great” life.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Cory:
- Cory’s BiggerPocket Profile