Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Ellie Narie
  • Investor
  • Ashland, OR
Votes |
How much do you pay for cleaning service for your airbnb rental?

Ellie Narie
  • Investor
  • Ashland, OR
Posted Apr 6 2018, 19:01

I'm thinking of building a duplex, living in one unit, and having the other unit be an airbnb rental. I live in a small town that is close to outdoor activities, so it could be a good idea to do airbnb. I'm thinking of having the other half of the duplex have 5 bedrooms. 

However, I don't want to be "involved" every single day. I'm okay with checking in every once in a while to see if the unit is upkept, but certainly not every day. Maybe a few times a month? In terms of checking guests in and out, I'm sure I could set up some kind of automated keyless entry system. 

How do I outsource cleaning, and how much should I be paying for it? Laundry takes about an hour to wash and possibly an hour and a half to dry! That's 2.5 hours total. Plus half an hour to put on all the sheets and half an hour to take them off each day. That's about 3.5 hours from start to finish. However, during the laundry phase, there won't really be much to do. Do I still have to pay someone for the whole 3.5 hours, even if they're just going to sit around for 2.5 of those hours? How do you do it? 

Loading replies...