Real Estate News & Commentary

You Think Your Apartment is Small?

Expertise: Real Estate Marketing, Personal Development, Real Estate News & Commentary, Mortgages & Creative Financing, Real Estate Investing Basics, Landlording & Rental Properties, Flipping Houses, Personal Finance, Business Management
Remember living in your first apartment? For many of us it was a small, cramped box. Here’s an apartment to beat all of the other little boxes out there. Welcome to London, home of possibly the smallest apartment in the world. This 62 square foot flat has all the necessities that $247 a week can [...] View the full article: You Think Your Apartment is Small? on The BiggerPockets Blog. This content is Copyright © 2017 BiggerPockets, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Joshua Dorkin is a serial entrepreneur, investor, podcaster, publisher, educator, and co-author of
    Keith
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    I can get bigger space than that with that price! That is the smallest apartment I can ever imagine. No space to manoeuvre at all. Not an apartment to me, it’s a den!
    Zach @ Mid Mo Mortgage
    Replied about 10 years ago
    Keith – Try finding a place in Manhattan. I’ve seen smaller spaces go for $800 each month. And there is a high demand for these properties. It’s just ridiculous. I heard Tokyo was even worse, but I don’t know for sure.
    Chris
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    A den? My den is a lot bigger than that! That’s barely a walk-in closet!
    yoshi
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    I live in canada where your personal space is somewhat more generous than it would be in say… london. even so, advertising a shoebox as a flat is just wrong, making people pay $246 bones a week for is plain greedy. the proprietor of this place should take a long hard look in the mirror and make sure there isn’t a new anus growing on his/her forehead!
    xen ix
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    I’m impressed. Our apartment is 10 times bigger, but we pay about half the price of that “walk-in-wardrobe”. I feel sorry for the person who rents that so called apartment.
    xen ix
    Scott T.
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    Remember people, location, location, location. I’m in NYC and in many neighborhoods you can’t find an apartment for less than $2000/month, though they are rarely smaller than 250 sq. ft. at that price. This place costs half as much but is a quarter the size, so it must be in damn fine location in London… (Is there a link to an article? I can’t seem to find it…)
    Scott T.
    nevermind. found the links… Reply Report comment
    Scott T.
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    nevermind. found the links…
    Dana
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    wtf, my mortgage is $320 every two weeks, and that’s in Canadian funds! My house isn’t a mansion, well it is compared to that. But still…
    Spida' man
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    I’ve lived in London, and it costs a fortune. I almost believe this is true.
    YO YO
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    I live in a small town in ohio, I have a two story house that is not a piece of shit and it only cost me 35k. My mortgage payments are only $200 a month! I know it is not in the best of locations, but for that crappy “apartment” for that price is gayyy!
    Sharleena
    Replied almost 14 years ago
    oh no thanks! 🙂 i think there would be impossible for two people to pass each other in an apartment like this:) and i totaly aggree you can get better apartment for the same price.
    wmc
    Replied over 13 years ago
    Well, I gess it is still better than a room becasue u got everything. I would live there for that price. Reply Report comment
    wmc
    Replied over 13 years ago
    LOUIS
    Replied over 13 years ago
    SHOULDNT BE HARD TO KEEP CLEAN.AWOULD MAKE A NICE PAY PER HR ROOM OR HONEYMOON SWEET. Reply Report comment
    LOUIS
    Replied over 13 years ago
    Anonymous
    Replied over 13 years ago
    Wow. And I thought my digs in NYC were bad.
    Anonymous
    Replied over 13 years ago
    Wow. And I thought my digs in NYC were bad.
    Anonymous
    Replied over 13 years ago
    Wow. And I thought my digs in NYC were bad. Reply Report comment
    Anonymous
    Replied over 13 years ago
    Wow. And I thought my digs in NYC were bad. Reply Report comment
    Ever
    Replied about 13 years ago
    For that price, I could rent a an studio with at least 400 square feet in Washington DC. It is outrageous to pay 1000 dollars for 62 sq feet. However, I would love to find out in which place of London is this apartment located.
    S Hughes
    Replied about 13 years ago
    Omg.. How many of these flats exist?
    S Hughes
    Replied about 13 years ago
    Omg.. How many of these flats exist?
    Joshua Dorkin
    Replied about 13 years ago
    Sarah – I don’t think there are too many like this one around!
    Ricardo
    Replied almost 13 years ago
    You’d pay around 100K for this in London.
    Gary
    Replied over 12 years ago
    I pay $400 a month for a bedroom in a nice house, with an awesome kitchen and living room. Utilities are included. For the last four years, I’ve paid around $400 a month for reasonably nice apartments, though I had roommates. Why is this “apartment” more than twice my rent? I love the houseplant though. (closetplant?) It looks like a giant spider. Reply Report comment
    Gary
    Gary
    Gary
    Gary
    Gary
    Gary
    Gary
    win
    Replied over 12 years ago
    I have seen smaller. Of course I live in Japan so that might skew results.
    win
    Replied over 12 years ago
    should have put this in the last one but oh well, my friend lives in an apartment that is about 30 sq.ft. mines about the size of this one though.
    Ashish
    Replied over 12 years ago
    Great pic and what a tragedy. Now people have to live in such a congested area.
    LEon
    Replied over 12 years ago
    Its true, i live in England and unfortunately we have an unjustified high cost of living
    uk property investor
    uk property investor
    Replied about 12 years ago
    yup thats small! have you every been to Hong kong. they have even smaller places. Reply Report comment
    uk property investor
    uk property investor
    uk property investor
    uk property investor
    uk property investor
    uk property investor
    Sha M
    Replied about 12 years ago
    no seriously..where is the bed?
    Nadine
    Replied about 12 years ago
    Very small apartment. If I have that apartment, I think I will stay there only at bed time. I won’t be there for relaxing or watching TV cause I don’t like to be at less space room. Reply Report comment
    Nadine
    Kevin
    Replied about 12 years ago
    That is small and he is paying about a thousand a month. I wonder how much an actual two bedroom would cost per month? A kidney?
    washington dc limousine services
    alls about $$$ ..
    washington dc limousine services
    alls about $$$ ..
    washington dc limousine services
    alls about $$$ ..
    washington dc limousine services
    alls about $$$ ..
    Bernard Fisher BOOKLYN NEW YORK
    Replied about 12 years ago
    and i thought apartments in new york are small bernard fisher
    Nadine
    Replied about 12 years ago
    So, I guess most people in New York have get used with such expensive cost living…
    Nadine
    MoneyMan
    Replied almost 12 years ago
    Hmmm now that sink /food prep / refrigerator / oven gives me a good idea for my bachelor suites. There are lots of people needing affordable housing all over the world. If affordable = small well so be it. I’d rather live there than on the streets! It looks small but clean!
    Dennis A
    Replied almost 12 years ago
    I’m a minimalist so I think I can live with this. I’m a bit clumsy though. Might get a lot of bruises bumping into things.
    Chris
    Replied almost 12 years ago
    Sheesh, and I thought my place was tiny. I guess you can’t invite any friends over living there.
    bramptonrealestate
    Replied over 11 years ago
    Now that’s a scary market when you have to pay that much for a box! I definitely appreciate my one bedroom now.
    bramptonrealestate
    Replied over 11 years ago
    Jan Gute Appartements Berlin
    Replied over 11 years ago
    Jan Gute Appartements Berlin
    Replied over 11 years ago
    $247 a week is already expensive considering the size of the apartment. I’m sorry but my parents’ bedroom is bigger than this apartment. Anyway, the cost of living in London is really expensive…so, apartments like this are already affordable for some people. Reply Report comment
    Jan Gute Appartements Berlin
    Replied over 11 years ago
    Bryan D Hardbarger
    Replied about 2 years ago
    Google “Coffin Homes…” then weep for humanity.