Mortgages & Creative Financing

Shock and Awe: The Collapse of Housing and Sanity

Expertise: Real Estate Marketing, Personal Development, Real Estate News & Commentary, Mortgages & Creative Financing, Real Estate Investing Basics, Landlording & Rental Properties, Flipping Houses, Personal Finance, Business Management
I have to admit it . . . I’ve been a bit lazy over the past few days when it comes to the blog. I’ve been a bit overwhealmed by other things on the site and haven’t found the time to post. Ahhh . . . the life of the entrepreneur. That said, I’m sure [...] View the full article: Shock and Awe: The Collapse of Housing and Sanity on The BiggerPockets Blog. This content is Copyright © 2017 BiggerPockets, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Joshua Dorkin is a serial entrepreneur, investor, podcaster, publisher, educator, and co-author of
    Corey
    Replied about 13 years ago
    Will Friday be an economic doomsday?
    Corey
    Replied about 13 years ago
    Will Friday be an economic doomsday? Reply Report comment
    Erik
    Replied about 13 years ago
    I think the media is creating a panic!! Just because some idiots borrowed more then they should of does not mean we are going to have hail of brimstone. Real Estate they are not making any more of it so yes maybe it will do a correction but so what thats economics 101. what goes up must go down.
    Joshua Dorkin
    Replied about 13 years ago
    You’re right . . . I got killed during the stock bubble because I got a bit too greedy. Didn’t analyze stocks anymore – just went with the momentum. That is a quick way to your death. Making money investing requires a fundamental analysis of every situation. Like you said, what goes up must come down – especially if you buy at the top!
    Petra
    Replied almost 13 years ago
    Petra
    Replied almost 13 years ago
    Petra
    Replied almost 13 years ago
    I could not agree more with Joshua. Several pieces of data suggest slowing down in the housing market so caution is needed. But independently of general trends careful analysis and thorough due diligence of any property you will be investing on is a must anyway. Reply Report comment