Landlording & Rental Properties

Expertise:
For the novice real estate investor, it’s mighty tempting to handle business deals and tenant phone calls from home, but having a home office or dedicated office area provides a degree of separation essential for running a successful real estate enterprise. No matter how hard you try, it’s impossible to sound professional with a screaming [...] View the full article: Managing Tenants Part Four: The Home Office (a thing of beauty and a joy forevermore) on The BiggerPockets Blog. This content is Copyright © 2017 BiggerPockets, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Joshua Dorkin
    Replied over 11 years ago
    Great post, Connie! We don’t talk much about productivity. Your post may have inspired me to pay a bit more attention to it! Nice office, BTW!
    Rehab702
    Replied over 11 years ago
    June Cleaver???? Somehow that isn’t the picture I get! Seriously though, another great post. Working from home is a big adjustment for most people, having a dedicated space makes it much easier. Good job, Connie!
    Rehab702
    Connie Brzowski
    Replied over 11 years ago
    O-kay– so maybe June Cleaver is a *slight* exageration… I do have a feather duster and heels and pearls, but have never actually employed all 3 in unison. 🙂
    Rehab702
    Replied over 11 years ago
    I’m not sure that we’re ready to hear how you did employ a feather duster, heels & pearls! LOL
    cycling
    Replied over 11 years ago
    wow love your simple home office i’m currently remodelling my home so hopefully could have a home office like yours.. cheers!
    Stephen
    Stephen
    Replied over 11 years ago
    You missed the most important thing for any office, a huge ass coffee machine! 😛 Reply Report comment
    Connie Brzowski
    Replied over 11 years ago
    By golly, you’re right~! How did the coffee machine miss the cut? And a sound system– gotta have some Leonard Skynard whilest surfing MLS 🙂
    Fixemup Terry
    Replied over 11 years ago
    Wow. That is really a professional looking home office. My home office doubles as a room that excess household items get stored in. Extra chairs, floor fans, the vacuum cleaner, and kids toys all seem to be drawn to my office like a magnet. I know its not the best situation, but it least I have a place (albeit cluttered) where I can file important papers & run the rental business. My wife and kids think since I’m not working in my office 24 hours a day, that I must not be using it, so its fair game as a storage closet. Since we get better reception than you do, I use a cell phone to conduct all rental business. That way, no matter where I am, that can be my mobile office. I also keep a small lap desk in my pick-up for doing business when I’m on the road and I need to write things down. You’re article is tempting me to buy a new fax/copy machine. My old one kicked the bucket about a year ago, so I’m long overdue. Reply Report comment
    Fixemup Terry
    Elaine
    Replied over 11 years ago
    You are very lucky to have a complete home office – most of us have dual purpose rooms for our offices (mines the spare bedroom)
    Marvin
    Replied about 11 years ago
    i think the key to running a successful home office is having it in the right position within the house -next to the kids playroom or near a noisy TV is a no go – i think this is why many people try to convert loft spaces into home offices.