Web Based Bandit Sign Techniques?
I’ve never used bandit signs, but can see how guerrilla drenching a geographical area with a “we buy homes” must be a really effective technique. After all, it’s just a numbers game and, eventually pretty much anyone who wants to buy or sell a property in your area is going to have to leave the house and notice one of your signs at a busy intersection.
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
And of course, these busy intersections also exist online, so it makes sense that the “we’ll pay cash in 30” message would pull online too right..
Is anyone out there employing Web Based Bandit signs in a really comprehensive way?
I have noticed the occasional real estate bandit twitter follower-bot hooking up with one of my own automated lead generation twitter accounts. But I still wonder, are there any real estate investors out there systematically going the whole way with an internet based bandit approach. If so, what’s included in the approach… what’s the ideal system?
Potential Web Based Bandit Sign Locations
If you put your bandit number (or a link to a squeeze page) in all or most of these places, could you see generating some quick additional lead flow?
- Email Signatures – Not just yours. See if your spouse, friends, etc would be willing to help your cause. (Maybe give them each unique numbers to use and track/compensate accordingly?)
- Targeted Google Adwords & Bing Ads – For cost/efficiency’s sake, focus on long tail search terms like “sell my home fast in (insertcityhere)”
- Facebook Ads – Want instant gratification? Talk about a “high traffic” intersection! – Run your geodemographically targeted ads in the sidebars of all Facebook users in your area.
- Bandit Commenting – Subscribe to 20-50 Local Blogs. Drop relevant comments, always link to your Bandit Squeeze page (or twitter account.)
- Automated Twitter Accounts – Use apps like Tweetspinner and Social Oomph to create twitter accounts with locally focused usernames (@yourcityquicksell), then set them on autopilot, interacting with local twitterers, exposing them to your lead capture numbers and squeeze pages.
- BlogAds – Pay local bloggers to include your bandit numbers in their sidebars. A few hundred bucks could go a pretty long way here.
- Real Estate Agent Sites! – Progressive agents would probably be happy to allow you to advertise on their sites, perhaps in return for an occasional article from you, or maybe a crack at the sellers you can’t do a deal with.
So, there’s a few. Anyone out there have any more interesting web based bandit location ideas to share?
Here below’s a snapshot of a bandit twitter account I just set up. Next week, I’ll talk a little more about how this account will be “automated” to spread a bandit message 24/7….