1) On the ethics of “strategic default”… – I understand where Scott is coming from on this post, but some parts of the country are in such a bad position you have to start questioning it. Imagine being in a home you owe $600,000 and today it is only worth $350,000. At some point a common sense mathematical look has to take place.
2) The Appraisal System Blows. Especially Non-Local Appraisers. – HVCC has been one of my most talked about items over the last 7-8 months. Even in a market that has been having slow appreciation they are still valuing at declining prices.
3) Licensing to Realtors Property Resource (RPR) and Others — Things to Consider – RPR is coming, will your MLS be participating? If they have not decided yet you may want them to read this.
4) Treasury Updates HAMP Guidelines, Might the Program Work Now? – So HAMP was a failure, but now we are going to have new HAMP guidelines which should make the process of failure much quicker. When can we stop with all this feel-good bs and get down to something that would really work to fix the housing crisis.
5) Real Estate 101: Representation – Jay makes a very strong case on why calling the listing agent on the sign may not be the best way to get the best deal on the house. Who do you represent? Who represents you? Does it matter?
6) Cut foreclosures by slicing real estate fees – I debated including this. On one hand do I really want to give this (excuse my language) moron the platform? On the other hand it is always good to know what people are saying about you. And if you are a real estate agent the foreclosure mess is your fault because you earn to much money. Try telling that to the agent who’s average yearly commission is around $20,000. Oh and he is just wrong about the secret commission too.
7) Part-Time Realtor: Full-Time Problem – It always amazes me how many real estate agents are part-time. I don’t let it bother me that only 27% of agents are full-time? I recently heard that 7% of agents did something like 93% of all the transactions in the last year which means most of those part-time agents are not doing anything anyways so it does not bother me to much. Almost every career has people that do it part-time, real estate will never be any different.
8) 10 Home Features Buyers Want – When you are working with buyers do you know what they want in a house? Here is the answer, no need to wonder anymore. Afterall we know all buyers are the same.
9) No Brown Nosing Required. Your RAISE Is Ready When You Are. – This is one of the main reasons I got involved with real estate. Who likes to be told what they are worth? In real estate you can determine how much you make in a year. Just depends on what you are willing to put into it.
10) “Life of a Realtor” Video – This one is for pure entertainment purposes.
Img. Sam Churchill
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.