6 Ways to Sell a Home FAST!
What seller doesn’t want to sell a home fast and for top dollar? It is hard to get both but here are 6 creative techniques to help sell a home FAST!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
- Round robin auction – Market and hold a one day open house. Get initial starting bids then call them in round robin style bidding up the price until there is only one person left. You can get a quick sale, sometimes for a decent price and can even get backup offers.
- Lower the price a very small amount every week – Small weekly price reductions will keep your listing at the top of buyers agent searches with the hope the exposure will get you your fast sale.
- Price at the top then huge price discount – Let’s assume your property is worth 110K with comps ranging from 100-140K. List first at the highest comp 140K for 2-4 weeks such as during rehab. Then drop to 110K and promote this huge 30K price discount, seller motivated, bring all offers. It creates a lot of exposure, buyers think they are getting a deal and it can result in a fast sale sometimes at or higher than value.
- Find top selling agent – Contact title and get agent sales numbers in the last 1-3 years in the zip code of your property. The top listing agent may be able to sell your home fast and the top buyer's agent may have your buyer.
- CA value range drop – Some areas of CA have value ranges for their asking price such as 400-440K with your true asking price 400K. Do weekly reductions to the top number. Your property will show up in the top of agent searches, can result in a quick sale and you are not even lowering your true asking price.
- Give free stuff – Everyone remembers the home that comes with the free furniture, flat screen television and/or entertainment center. Giving free stuff to buyers can sell homes fast and give you more bargaining power.
The downturn has created a buyer’s market. Sellers often experience difficulties selling and long market times. These creative techniques can be utilized to help sell your home fast. Can you see any of these working for you and in your market? Please share your techniques for selling homes fast.