Recently we started running some split tests for our Facebook real estate marketing ads, and one of the ideas we tried is known as the “Where In” campaign. In other words, this is a way to pull in traffic via Facebook by displaying an advertisement that portrays a local landmark, which visitors can guess at for a chance of winning a prize.
After making some very simple yet extremely effective tweaks to the original copy, we were absolutely shocked by what we found. In fact, I think Josh Schoenly nearly peed his pants when he discovered that by altering 3 specific components, the click through rate (CTR) literally jumped by 2,000%!
How Our Facebook Real Estate Marketing Campaign Improved Exponentially
- The Image: As you will see from the video below, one of the most important factors to improving CTR’s is by utilizing a catchy photo. Think of this as interruption based marketing versus actual search intent.
Therefore, with Facebook paid ads, you want to make sure that you find a way to jump off the page. By shifting from a generic stock photo to using a very small image of the actual location, users had a much higher interest. Tip: make this just small enough that people have to visit the page for better visibility.
- Advertised Location: From Ryan’s first ad, we find out that using “Central Pa” in the copy was far too broad. Therefore, it helps to keep your Facebook real estate marketing as targeted as possible. Especially when utilizing the “Where In” concept, people are much more likely to guess at something if it falls within their local area.
- Demographics: Finally, by changing the targeted demographic from “within 10 miles of York” to just the city, we were able to cut our audience by about 35,000. This helped to remove those irrelevant impressions without sacrificing our reach.
Critical Facebook Ads CTR Benchmarks
Now, Josh will show you more of the nitty gritty below, but here are just a few important factors that you’ll want to keep in mind when running tests for your Facebook real estate marketing:
- Cut out any advertisements that fall below a CTR of .025%
- Continue split testing whenever you are between .025 and .05%
- Anything above the .05% benchmark is great, and over .1% is absolutely bananas
So, click play below to watch this case study and discover how we achieved a CTR of over .2%…
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you