Personal Development

17 Reasons Not To Give Up On Real Estate Investing

Expertise: Landlording & Rental Properties, Personal Development

If you’re part of the BiggerPockets community, you already know there are some awesome opportunities in real estate.

Excited couple at home

It’s a profession like no other, with amazing potential to build wealth and financial freedom.

hqZ4P
Source: calitreview.com

…but sometimes the journey can be difficult, and it’s not uncommon to feel “burnt-out” on real estate investing.

83358229
Source: ebaumsworld.com

So how can you find the strength to keep going when you’re mentally exhausted and ready to give up?

you're ready to give upSource: littleanimalgifs.tumblr.com

1. First of all – let’s acknowledge that it’s okay to have bad days…      we’ve all been there.

83507448Source: reddit.com

2. Even the most successful investors experience regular setbacks in their journey.

worthlessSource: ebaumsworld.com

3. Sure, the learning process can be time-consuming. It might even leave you feeling drained of all energy and motivation.

5AjQl Source: i.imgur.com

4. …but don’t forget about the excitement you felt during your first week as an investor!

my first week as a real estate investor
Source: ebaumsworld.com

5. Do you remember the thrill of closing on your first profitable deal?

83593331Source: ebaumsworld.com

6. If you haven’t experienced it yet, TRUST ME – it’s worth the trouble.

83358223
Source: ebaumsworld.com

7. You don’t need a builder’s license to start making money in real estate.

incompetent
Source: lavenderflames.tumblr.com

8. With the right connections and relationships, you can have sellers calling YOU.

83493024
Source: ebaumsworld.com

9. There is always opportunity for real estate investors. Even when the market is doing this:

building_collapse
Source: reactiongifs.us

10. With enough experience, you can start identifying motivated sellers within the first few minutes of conversation.

83532985
Source: ebaumsworld.com

11. It’s an amazing feeling when you make an offer to someone and they say “Yes”.

offer acceptedSource: ebaumsworld.com

12. That first taste of success can change your whole outlook about life. Your boss might even wonder what’s gotten into you.

freedomSource: senorgif.com

13. If you stay consistent and stick to your strategy, your banker and accountant will be amazed when they see your rapidly-growing bank account.

83493014
Source: ebaumsworld.com

14. It’s important to recognize that when someone is trying to discourage your dream…  this is usually how they feel about their own day job.

83360488
Source: ebaumsworld.com

15. After all, it doesn’t feel good to wake up each morning and realize you’re still poor and broke, with no options in life.

brokeSource: ebaumsworld.com

16. Remember, you’re on the path to a retirement that looks like this…

retirement
Source: i.imgur.com

17. …and there is nothing better than when someone says you can’t do something – and then you do it.

classy
Source: reactiongifs.us

Photo: echo0101

Seth Williams (@retipsterseth , G+) is an experienced land investor, commercial real estate banker and residential income property owner. He is also the Founder of REtipster.com - a real estate investing blog providing real world guidance for part time real estate investors.

Karen
    These always put a smile on my face. Thank you for the encouragement! 🙂 –Karen
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Awesome, thanks Karen – I’m glad you found some encouragement in this!
    Aaron
    Replied about 6 years ago
    my favorite is number 17. EVERYONE in my life except my wife basically has told me I couldn’t do what I have now accomplished. It’s so hard to not go back and push it in peoples faces but I have taken the higher ground and just let it go.. But WOW what a great feeling it is. I can relate to the times when you feel like giving up. I’ve been there recently. I am in that hump where things seemed to come to a complete halt. This article helps remind you of the good feelings and rewards from your hard work and effort. Great Post Seth!!!
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Thanks Aaron – I think business goes through these kinds of ebbs and flows for most people. I don’t suppose the highs would feel nearly as great if we didn’t have those lows to contrast them with.
    Oiluj Lopez
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Great Post! Gifs always have a way of driving a point home!
    Thanks Oiluj, I agree! I always get a kick out of gif posts like this. 🙂
    Cuong Le
    Replied about 6 years ago
    #18. You won’t be able to laugh and enjoy posts like this during lunch time at work. Thanks for posting this. Nice to have a break from all the seriousness of the day.
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Haha – that’s a good point Cuong!
    Mehran
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Seth, I’m loving your animated GIF articles. #’s 10-12 made me crack up so hard. Thanks 🙂 I’m definitely going to stick things out cus #16 looks good to me.
    Replied about 6 years ago
    That’s awesome, thanks for letting me know Mehran! I’m glad you like these things. 🙂
    Perry
    Replied about 6 years ago
    I really liked this post !!!!
    Thanks Perry!
    Thanks Perry!
    Silvestre Madrid
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Too many times I feel like Michael Cera there falling on the floor from my W2 lol. Every day is a step toward that number 16, thank you for the encouragement and the laughs!
    Replied about 6 years ago
    No problem Silvestre – that’s a feeling that most of have felt at one time or another… you’re definitely not alone. Thanks for stopping by!
    David D.
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Thanks for placing a smile on me today, especially the Chevy Chase scene.
    Replied about 6 years ago
    No problem David – I’m glad you liked it. Thanks for your comment!
    Jay
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Just want to say thanks. This is the funniest motivational post I have seen and you better believe it’s bookmarked.
    Replied about 6 years ago
    AWESOME! Thanks Jay, I’m glad you got a kick out of it!
    Galya
    Replied about 6 years ago
    This is great, I wonder if you knew what videos to post to illustrate each point or you just did a search after each pointand picked the best one? Reply Report comment
    Galya
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Hi Gayla. I’ve got a massive collection of these on hand. 🙂 I just think of some important points that I’m trying to make, and then I find the appropriate emotional response to accompany them. It seems to work pretty well!
    Frank O
    Replied about 6 years ago
    #5 & #12 (James Brown dance), #13. Thanks for your comic relief, it hits home.
    Replied about 6 years ago
    No problem Frank, thanks for your comment!
    Jane G
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Such an awesome post. I really needed this today! I haven’t done my first deal yet, feeling overwhelmed with all the information and knowledge I need to acquire, and was just laid off my job, so I’m taking your word for it, Seth! 😉
    Replied about 6 years ago
    Hang in there Jane. Stay strong and get educated about what moves you need to take in this business. You can definitely get yourself off to a strong start, but remember – it won’t happen until you take action. Best of luck to you!
    Angel Miranda
    Replied over 5 years ago
    The information you provided was very helpful but I’m looking for an example of process and procedures that an investor should have. I am a visual learner and need to see an example but I can’t find any. Do you have or know where I can find one. Thank You
    Angel Miranda