Real Estate Marketing

5 Ways to Revolutionize Your Business Using HD Video (With Example!)

Expertise: Personal Development, Business Management, Real Estate Marketing, Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice, Real Estate Investing Basics

A picture is worth a thousand words when it comes to conveying information, especially in real estate. But if a picture is worth a thousand words, then video, by definition, must be worth over a million. Think about that for a moment and let it sink in.

Video, unlike any other medium, has the greatest ability to generate exposure. Before you read any further, watch one of the HD Video Tours I filmed for one of my clients below, and think about the applications for your business, then come back and continue reading. Please enlarge the video for it to display correctly.

People often write about HD video, but mostly what I see is generic talking points from someone who does not have any firsthand experience. Take it from me — I started using video in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and as you might imagine, it’s quite competitive. However, after I started implementing video, it’s not even a fair fight anymore.

Related: My Single Biggest Real Estate Marketing Discovery of 2014

Video can revolutionize your business and give you a huge advantage, and I have the footage to prove it (if you already watched the video above)!

5 Ways Using Video Can Help Your Business

1. Video Tours Can Generate More Showings & Offers

Professional photography isn’t even that uncommon for most listings, but if you really want to set yourself apart from your competition and give your clients a huge advantage when it comes time to sell, there is no better way than HD video tours.

Not only will video allow you to showcase how beautiful the home is, but it will help generate the maximum amount of exposure possible for your client. Remember, buying a home is an emotional experience. As you pan through the house with elegant music playing and showcasing the homes features, there is no better way to generate more showings, leads and ultimately more offers to sell the home for the highest price possible.

2. Uploading Videos to the Internet Creates an Online Presence

Every time you create a high quality video, whether it’s an HD video tour of a home or showcasing your latest flip, you are leaving bread crumbs behind. After enough time, there will be enough bread crumbs floating around the internet that people will naturally start to find you.

More and more people are going to video-based web platforms, such as Vimeo & YouTube, especially when it involves real estate. Will you be found?

3. Videos Will Help Your SEO

Search engines, such as Google, LOVE video. In fact, if you perform some of your favorite searches, video will usually be at the top of the list. Take advantage of this. You don’t have to be the most technologically savvy person — although it helps — but by simply creating HD videos, you are giving yourself more opportunities to be found naturally online.

4. The Video Medium Makes for More Convincing Testimonials

Making statements to potential clients to prove that you are actually who you say you are is one thing. Using video takes it to a whole new level. Don’t just talk about the last remodel you had; show them with a gorgeous before and after transformation. Don’t just talk about your last satisfied client experience; show them the video testimonials.

It’s an incredibly powerful tool, and can really help establish your brand.

5. Videos Can Help Your Pitches to Private Money Lenders

Make a lasting impression the next time you pitch yourself for private money. Instead of an elevator pitch and some spreadsheets, show off your latest flips or rental properties with stunning video.

Related: The Real Estate Marketing Mistake That Could Cost You Millions

Video, unlike any other platform, also allows users to connect with you. It shows your personality and expertise and that you genuinely care. Effectively using video allows you to start building a relationship without even being there and helps showcase you as an authority on the subject matter.

Do you see any applications for HD video in your own business? What did you think of the video example I posted?

Let us know in the comments below!

Chris is an active real estate investor who buys and flips houses in the Dallas real estate market. He enjoys helping others along on their journey. I...
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Hey Chris, I LOVE That video! Nice work sir. Really well done! I need to step up my video skills. Thanks for the work you put into this post, I think it will help a lot of folks!
    Chris Feltus Residential Real Estate Agent from Fort Worth , Texas
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Thanks for the kind words Brandon, its an honor to be featured on here. The Biggerpockets community is all about giving back, and I thought it would be selfish to keep this all to myself. I hope this will give others creative ideas for applications in their own business.
    Austin Lee Investor from Waynesville, North Carolina
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Nice work Chris! How much would it cost to shoot a professional HD video of a listing? I’d be interested in doing this, but have no idea what one would expect to pay someone to come in and do it.
    Chris Feltus Residential Real Estate Agent from Fort Worth , Texas
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Hey Austin, The prices fluctuate wildly. I have seen service offered from several hundred dollars, to several thousand. And usually video tours like this are usually reserved for only higher price points listings (500,000+). But after looking at what was available to outsource, I really wasn’t impressed with the quality never mind what I would be paying for it. So instead, I invested in my own gear and practiced shooting video myself. It took a few months, but I made progress pretty quickly. If there is enough interest maybe I could walk everyone through this and create a guide on how to do it step by step from equipment selection to shooting and everything in between. Plus it was a great excuse to get into a hobby I always was interested in 🙂
    Austin Lee Investor from Waynesville, North Carolina
    Replied over 5 years ago
    I would definitely be interested in a how-to guide! This isn’t being utilized in my area even for higher end properties, so it could be a nice little side gig.
    Mitch Coluzzi Investor from Des Moines, IA
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Love the video you compiled, recently started shooting video myself and it has saved a ton of time. Still working out the editting kinks and trying to get the right angles. I would be eternally grateful for a guide on the equipment, shooting, and everything in between!
    Kelly B. Investor from Wausau, Wisconsin
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Nice, you’ve reminded me of an article I’ve read on how to post a video on craigslist. I’ll have to track that down and implement it. And, like you pointed out, it will help with SEO immensely, give me more of an online presence, add credibility, and move my properties faster!
    Chris Feltus Residential Real Estate Agent from Fort Worth , Texas
    All the above are true, best of luck Kelly 🙂
    Frankie Woods Investor from Albuquerque, NM
    Man, that video rocks!
    Chris Feltus Residential Real Estate Agent from Fort Worth , Texas
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Thank you for the kind words Frankie, very much appreciated.
    Shane Woods Real Estate Agent from Weatherford, Texas
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Great looking video! I worked in the AV business for 10 years and this is better than some of the camera work I’ve seen “on the job”. Keep is simple. Good looking stuff, and always great reminder to get the video marketing going! Thanks again!
    Chris Feltus Residential Real Estate Agent from Fort Worth , Texas
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Hey Shane, thanks for taking the time to read through the article and watch the example. Really flattered that the demonstration video I showed is even better quality than even some of the professional stuff you have seen in the AV industry. An incredible honor and compliment thank you.
    Orlando Cestona from Clark, New Jersey
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Awesome post as always Chris. I would love to see a guide on how to make an HD video like the one above. It was very well done. Thanks for another great post.
    Chris Feltus Residential Real Estate Agent from Fort Worth , Texas
    Replied over 5 years ago
    Hey Orlando, thanks for the kind words. Yah sounds like there is a lot of interest for putting together a guide like to share with the community. Sounds like we need to get @Brandon Turner involved to help make that happen.
    Sean T. Rental Property Investor from MA
    Thanks for the article!
    Andrew McDavid Investor from Charleston, West Virginia
    Replied about 5 years ago
    Great article Chris! I’d love to see a how-to guide on this. I am going to start looking for a video person in my city to do these videos for our flips. The video here and on your site are both phenomenal. Thanks for sharing!