Have you ever struggled to get to the next level with your real estate investing?
On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with real estate wholesaler and self-proclaimed “struggling investor” Scott Costello. In this riveting interview, you’ll learn why real estate investing is never as easy as it might appear and how to overcome the struggles that everyone faces to find success. Listen for awesome tips on how to break into the real estate industry, advice on getting into wholesaling, and how to motivate yourself amidst the everyday struggles investors face.
If you’re looking for some great motivation and useful tips, don’t miss this inspiring interview!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: YellowLetters.com. YellowLetters is a full service marketing company that helps hundreds of BiggerPockets members find more deals and make more money.
Learn more by visiting YellowLetters.com.
In This Show We Cover:
- How Scott got started in real estate thanks to a book
- What took him so long to get his beginning
- How he used wholesaling to get his foot in the door
- Why personality matters in deciding what path to take in your investing
- General advice for wholesalers
- The ins and outs of starting real estate with a full time job
- How to find a partner to invest with
- Scott’s method of targeting absentee owners from tax records
- What keeps him going as an investor
- The everyday struggles real estate professionals face
- Things Scott would have done better if he could do it again
- The importance of establishing a website
- The best and worst deals Scott has ever done
- Tips on using the Internet to market your next wholesale deal
- And MUCH more!
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie