In this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we dig into a real estate niche that, until today, you’ve probably never considered. However, after listening to this entertaining and informative show with guest Jefferson Lilly, we think you’ll be a believer! Join us as we dive into the world of mobile home parks, and learn numerous reasons why a park might be a better investment than either single family or multifamily real estate.
Whether you’re looking for a great, low-barrier first time real estate niche to invest in, or you’re simply looking to expand your growing portfolio — don’t miss out on wealth of knowledge covered in this episode!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Jefferson got started with value investing
- Why you should emulate Warren Buffet
- How he began investing in mobile home parks
- What you should know about the views on mobile homes in America
- Insight on helping people move from one asset class to the next
- The ins and outs of how investing in mobile home parks works
- How Jefferson got a half million dollar line of credit
- How he got a 50% increase in the affordable housing program
- Discussions on income streams for mobile home parks
- What you need to know about LLCs for mobile home investing
- How to find value in a mobile home
- A great explanation of “cap rate“
- The essential duties of a park manager
- How Jefferson raised funds for his investing
- Why you should use outsourcing & streamlining to manage your business
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show:
- Trivia Email
- BiggerPockets Calculator Suites
- TulsaEstatesMHP Website
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Blog
- ParkStreetPartners Fund
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder
- “A key point is the ability to think broadly and use OPM — other people’s money.” Share on Twitter
- “It’s about helping people moving from one asset class to the next.” Share on Twitter