What’s it truly take to go from beginner to advanced in real estate? On this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Steve Mills, who shares exactly how he was able to overcome a bad first deal, find mentors, work with a partner, and eventually do more than four hundred real estate deals! This show is both highly motivating and informative and will definitely leave you with some great nuggets that you can use in your business to buy more real estate and have more fun doing it!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: PATLive. PATLive’s team of superstar receptionists will always leave your customers delighted. Every agent goes through a rigorous training course before they can answer calls, and we’ve got quality assurance down to an art.
Learn more by visiting PATLive.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Where Steve comes from and a discussion about Detroit
- How he got into real estate
- The entrepreneurial mindset
- Why you should educate yourself
- What his first deal looked like
- The importance of using bad deals as a learning experience
- Thoughts on selling via a land contract
- Why Steve chose wholesaling
- Details on his first wholesale deals
- How to negotiate your way to getting deals
- What you should know about zoning
- How to understand a lead
- Functional obsolescence
- Changing strategies as your business grows
- A discussion on commercial real estate
- How to find the confidence to do deals
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BP Podcast 093: 0 to 400 Deals (in 5 Years!) via Smart Marketing with Erik Stark
- BiggerPockets Forums
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
- “Real estate allows so much opportunity and growth in life.” (Tweet This!)
- “Having a group and joining one created a confidence in me.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can’t go acting broke and talking money.” (Tweet This!)